My husband and I have the most memorable evenings when we plan something unique that doesn’t cost too much. An expensive bill usually adds stress and kills the mood. Why not be romantic and cheap this Valentine’s Day? We’ve selected five inexpensive things to do to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Orlando.
1. Laugh together. SAK Comedy Club is offering two Valentine’s Day shows featuring a sweet deal that includes two admissions, two small sodas and two small popcorns for $25. Reservations are recommended for the shows at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
2. Enjoy a night at the museum. If your sweetheart doesn’t mind waiting until the weekend to celebrate Valentine’s Day, Morse Museum in downtown Winter Park offers free admission on Friday nights from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
3. Picnic in the garden. Bok Tower rings bells of romance while love fills the air at Valentine’s Day Carillon Concerts. Special half-hour carillon concerts are at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Thursday, February 14. The singing tower concert is included with garden admission ($12 for adults, $3 for kids ages 5-12).
4. Sip wine and stroll. Celebrate the arts with an evening of food, wine, shopping and showcases by Orlando-based artists at the Thornton Park Wine & Art Crawl on Thursday, February 14. For $10, you will get a wristband, wine glass and a map of locations where you will be greeted with a complimentary pour of wine.
5. Watch a movie under the stars. Snuggle up with your date to watch a film in a beautiful setting. Date Night at Leu Gardens ($5 each) is featuring ‘The Vow’ and Winter Park Popcorn Flicks (free) is showing ‘From Here to Eternity.