By Julie Henry
To help take some of the sting out of tax day, many restaurants and other businesses are offering tax day deals and freebies. Some of the deals are only valid on April 18; others are good before and after. We’ll update the list as more deals come in, so make sure you check back often.
- Great American Cookies: Get a FREE original chocolate chip cookie on April 18. No coupon or purchase required.
- Hardee’s: Through April 23, get a $1 discount on any size Midnight Moonshine Thickburger Combo. You’ll need this printable coupon.
- Hard Rock Café: Get up on stage at a participating Hard Rock Café location and sing an entire song from the pre-selected song list and get a FREE Legendary Burger. This deal is good on April 18 at most locations during normal business hours. Some cafes are requiring pre-registration, so you may want to call ahead. You must be 18+ to participate.
- Kona Ice: Get a FREE shaved ice on April 18th from the Kona Ice truck. To find a Kona Ice truck in your area, tweet your zip code to @KonaIce.
- Long John Silver’s: $5 Reel Deal Box. No coupon required. Limited time offer.
- Olive Garden: Get a FREE take home entree with an entree purchase (dine-in only). No coupon required. Limited time offer.
- Sonny’s BBQ: Get a half-price rib dinner on April 18. No coupon required.
- Staples: Shred up to five pounds of paper for FREE on April 18. No coupon required.
- Tony Roma’s: Members of the Tony Roma’s Email Club will receive a coupon for a FREE red velvet cake prior to tax day (valid through April 29). On April 18, dine-in guests will receive a coupon for a FREE red velvet cake (valid at participating locations on your next visit).