Every little monster can fill a bag to the brim at these trick-or-treating events in Orlando. Go on the hunt for goodies at these safe neighborhood events throughout the community and family-friendly attractions during the month of October.
To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts and free events in Central Florida, sign up for the Orlando on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook or Instagram. If you have an event to add to this list, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Neighborhood trick-or-treating tips:
- In Central Florida, trick or treating officially begins as soon as the sun sets on Halloween, October 31.
- Who hands out candy on Halloween? If your neighbor displays Halloween decorations and/or their indoor lights are on, then you can almost guarantee they will be handing out candy on Halloween.
- Trick-or-treating etiquette 101: wait for neighbors to hand out the candy. If they offer for you to take from the bowl, limit to one or two pieces. It’s the polite thing to do.
You might also want to check out:
Family-friendly places to trick-or-treat in Orlando
We love to trick or treat in our neighborhood. It’s so fun to meet all of our neighbors and see everyone in costume for Halloween. But we also hit up local community events to increase our candy loot (for the kids, of course).
The Crayola Experience Screamin’ Green Hauntoween
Now through Oct. 31
- Trick-or-treat throughout this colorful attraction while creating crafts, making slime and snapping character photos. Activities included with general admission. Save $5 by purchasing in advance.
Central Florida Zoo Boo Bash
Saturday, Oct. 26, 9am – 3pm
Central Florida Zoo, Sanford
- Trick or treat on the wild side at the zoo with tons of activities like a bounce house, storytime, bubble show, animal shows and more.
- Admission: $19.50 for adults, $13.75 for children (3-12).
Trick or Treat Safe Zone & Block Party
Saturday, Oct. 26, 10am – 3pm
- FREE trick-or-treating event including fun activities, face painting, crafts and treats for the kids hosted by the History Center and Orlando Public Library.
- FREE for families with children 12 and under.
- The library is also hosting a fun line up of Halloween themed events throughout October.
City of Lake Mary Halloween Spooktacular
Saturday, Oct. 26, 4pm – 8:30pm
- FREE and safe trick-or-treating in Central Park at Lake Mary City Hall. The event features DJ entertainment, bounce houses, games, face painting, lots of treat stations and an outdoor movie showing Casper at 6:45pm. It’s a very popular local event, so arrive early.
Hometown Halloween in the Park
Saturday, October 26, 4pm-7pm
Kit Land Nelson Park, Apopka
- FREE event with face painting, trick or treating, food for purchase and more.
Orange City’s Halloween Block Party
Saturday, Oct. 26, 5pm – 9pm
Mill Lake Park, Orange City
- FREE event with DJ entertainment, trick or treating, a movie in the park featuring: Hotel Transylvania 3 (7:30pm), costume contest and more.
Avalon Park’s Halloween Spooktacular
Saturday, Oct. 26, 5pm – 9pm
- FREE to explore downtown while collecting treats and prizes.
WonderWorks Trick or Treating
October 26 & 27
WonderWorks off I-Drive
- $15 for Florida Residents to trick or treat throughout the famous upside down house.
Sanford’s Spooky Hallow
Thursday, Oct. 31, 6pm – 8pm
First Street & Magnolia Square
- FREE event with trick or treating, costume contests and carnival games.
You might also want to check out: best pumpkin patches & mazes in Orlando
Halloween at Cranes Roost Park
Thursday, Oct. 31, 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- FREE and safe trick-or-treating alternative hosted by the Altamonte Police Department. Gather up treats around the lake, enjoy live music, costume contests, games and food for purchase.
Pumpkins & Munchkins at Shady Park
Thursday, Oct. 31, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Shady Park at Hannibal Square, Winter Park
- FREE family-friendly event in Winter Park with games, bounce houses, a costume contest and Trick-or-Treat Trail.
Halloweenfest Winter Garden
Thursday, Oct. 31, 6pm – 8pm
Downtown Winter Garden
- FREE to hunt for treats along Plant Street at local merchants and enjoy an evening of entertainment in downtown.
Thursday, Oct. 31, 4pm – 7pm
The Florida Mall, Center Court
- Face-painting, music, a photo booth, special characters and more. Many retailers will also be giving away free candy or nonfood items.
Thursday, October 31, 5pm-7pm
Waterford Lakes Town Center, Orlando
- FREE event. Come dressed in your costume and collect a goodie bag and lots of treats.
Halloween at Old Town
Thursday, Oct. 31 at 5pm
Old Town, Kissimmee
- FREE trick or treating and costume contests.
Trick or treating at Orlando’s theme parks
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Select nights Aug. 16 – Nov. 1
- Magic Kingdom Park comes alive with jack-o-lanterns, not-so-scary characters and family friendly entertainment. Visitors can trick-or-treat, masquerade with costumed characters and enjoy new ghostly surprises throughout the park.
- Follow Mickey, Minnie and friends as they trick-or-treat in a mysterious haunted house and encounter Disney villains in a new fireworks spectacular. Also debuting is a “101 Dalmatians”-themed experience featuring popular villain Cruella de Ville.
SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular
Weekends Sept. 21 – Oct. 27
- Family friendly trick-or-treating, not-so-spooky live shows, whimsical sea creatures, playtime fun with favorite Sesame Street friends and more.
- This year’s events include the Pet’s Ahoy Halloween show, a Halloween Dance Party with under-the-sea friends and the opportunity to meet mermaids in their colorful grotto.
LEGOLAND Florida Resort’s Brick or Treat
Select nights Oct. 5-27
- Larger-than-life LEGO Halloween character models, a scavenger hunt, trick-or-treating, a pirate-themed fireworks show and more.