If you are visiting Orlando for the Capital One Bowl or Russell Athletic Bowl, we have a few free and cheap ideas to keep you entertained on a budget.
- Thursday through Monday, the Orlando Bowl Week Fan HQ takes over International Drive to help cheer on your team with pep rallies and family entertainment.
- During the Orlando Citrus Parade on Saturday, December 29 at 10 a.m., floats adorned with ripe oranges, tangerines and grapefruits will roll through the streets of downtown Orlando.
- The City of Winter Park will host the 6th annual Russell Athletic Bowl Parade of Bands featuring school bands from Rutgers University and Virginia Tech on Firday, December 29 at 11 a.m.
- Request a free Orlando Magicard from Visit Orlando. The card will give you access to great savings on a variety of area attractions, restaurants and shopping. Print a Magicard online now.
- If you are traveling with the kids, we have a long list of free things to do with the kids in Orlando.
- Take a tour of Winter Park on the water with Scenic Boat Tours. Tickets are $12 for adults and $6 for kids.
- Glide across the ice at Winter Park’s holiday ice skating rink.
- Listen to local artists play jazz, rock and pop at Friday Night Live, a free concert at Cranes Roost Park in Altamonte Springs.
- Hidden amongst industrial buildings is a local microbrewery gem, Orlando Brewing. See where the fermenting magic happens on free brewery tours Monday through Saturday at 6 p.m.
- Leu Gardens is a beautiful 50-acre botanical oasis minutes from downtown Orlando. Regular ticket price is $2 for kids and $7 for adults. Tour Leu’s Holiday House decked the halls with Christmas trees and festive decorations.
- Taste local fare and shop unique handmade goods at Orlando Farmers Market at Lake Eola Park on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Winter Park Farmers Market on Saturday from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Morse Museum in downtown Winter Park provides free admission every Friday night from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- For more cheap ideas, check out our list of 10 things to do under $10.
Still searching for bowl tickets? We’ve found a way to score cheap tickets to Orlando’s bowl games. Score Big is offering up to 50% off seats. Whether you are cheering for the Bulldogs, Hokies, Cornhuskers or Knights, Score Big is the first place you should look for a deal.
- Capital One Bowl: Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Georgia Bulldogs
- Russell Athletic Bowl: Rutgers Scarlet Knights vs. Virginia Tech Hokies