No matter what your plan is for school this fall, your school-aged kids will need supplies for successful learning. To help your family prepare, mark your calendar for the sales tax holiday in Florida: August 7-9, 2020.
Make the most of summer before school starts with these ideas:
- Free and cheap things to do in Orlando this summer
- Cool off at splash pads
- Take a dip in the cool springs
TAX-FREE SHOPPING IN ORLANDO
Florida tax-free shopping days
You’ll get a bit of a break when stocking up for the new school year by shopping during the designated tax-free shopping days in Orlando. August 7-9, you can purchase all of your back-to-school supplies without paying the tacked on state fees.
Eligible merchandise includes:
- Select school supplies $15 or less per item. Examples of tax-exempt items include lunch boxes, legal pads and pens.
- Clothing, footwear and some accessories $60 or less per item. Examples of tax-exempt accessories include purses, wallets and ties.
- Computers and certain accessories priced at $1,000 or less per item.
The following items are excluded:
- Books that are not otherwise exempt
- Rentals or leases of any eligible items
- Repairs or alterations of any eligible items
- Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport
SIGN UP to be the first to know about deals and discounts! Get free email updates.