The Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens is home to more than 300 animals, representing over 100 species. It’s a wild destination just a short drive from downtown Orlando in Sanford, Florida.
There are always affordable ways to experience the zoo, too! We’ve rounded up our favorite Central Florida Zoo discounts.
You might also be interested in:
- Cheap things to do with kids in Orlando
- Cool off at Central Florida springs
- Best free and cheap outdoor adventures in Orlando
CENTRAL FLORIDA ZOO DISCOUNTS
This zoo near Orlando is the leader in conservation, providing experiences that excite and inspire children as well as adults to learn and act on behalf of wildlife.
FREE admission at the Zoo
Now through September 30, 2023
- FREE admission for kids 12 and younger.
- The offer is available for daytime general admission tickets. One children’s ticket is available for free with the purchase of one adult ticket.
- The offer cannot be combined with any other deal or discount and is not applicable to group rates.
Save $2 on Central Florida Zoo tickets
You can save $2 per ticket when you purchase in advance and online. Use their Quick Scan entrance when you arrive.
Sunset at the Zoo
Every fourth Friday from May to September
- The Zoo reopens at 5pm and comes alive with all sorts of fun until the sun goes down. Family Sunset features music at the Wharton-Smith Tropical Splash Ground, inflatable games, and of course, some of your favorite animals along the shaded boardwalks.
- Tickets are $6 per person when purchased online and $8 per person when purchased on-site.
- You can also bundle and save with the Family 4-Pack for $40, which includes four tickets, four hot dogs, and four regular fountain drinks to fuel the whole family for fun.
- The event is separate from daytime admission and is not included for Annual Passholders.
- Once a month, the zoo hosts a FREE storytime event presented by the Orange County Library System in the Discovery Courtyard.
- Admission to the zoo is not included.
MORE ABOUT THE CENTRAL FLORIDA ZOO
The Central Florida Zoo in Sanford features North American river otters, giraffes, greater one-horned Indian rhinoceros, Florida black bears, cougar, and Amur leopard. Although the animals are the main event, there’s plenty to do at the Zoo.
- Splash ground: included with your admission. Kids can cool off in a tropical splash zone while you relax in the shade. There’s a nice playground in the middle of the Zoo too.
- Seminole Ariel Adventures: challenge yourself to a variety of obstacles through the trees and zip lines.
Central Florida Zoo admission (non-peak/peak season)
- Adults: $22.95/$24.95
- Children (3-12): $16.95/$18.95
- Seniors: $18.95/$20.95
- Children under the age of 3 are FREE.
- Parking is FREE.
Zoo Annual Passes
The Zoo offers a variety of annual pass options that include unlimited Zoo admission for a year with the exception of select blackout dates. A pass is always a good idea if you plan to visit a few times a year.
Annual Pass Benefits
- Discounts for select education programs and camps, birthday parties, and purchases at the Zoofari Outpost Gift Shop.
- Bring guests along for a special admission price of $10 on weekdays and $13 on weekends.
- Discounted admission to over 150 institutions that participate in the Association of Zoos and Aquariums’ Reciprocal Program.
Central Florida Zoo hours
- 9am to 4pm (closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day).
- The Wharton-Smith Tropical Splash Ground is open daily, weather permitting.
MORE FREE & CHEAP THINGS TO DO IN ORLANDO
Cheap things for kids to do in Orlando
Top 10 free things to do in Orlando
Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Orlando
Best free & cheap things to do in Orlando