The Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens is home to more than 350 animals, representing over 100 species. It’s a wild destination just a short drive from downtown Orlando in Sanford, Florida.
There are always affordable ways to experience the zoo, too! We’ve rounded up our favorite Central Florida Zoo discounts, including their latest offer: 20% off weekdays tickets.
You might also be interested in:
- Cheap things to do with kids in Orlando
- Cool off at Central Florida springs
- Best free and cheap outdoor adventures in Orlando
- Free things to do at Disney (from home)
- Free & cheap things to do this summer with kids
- Sunflower fields near Orlando
CENTRAL FLORIDA ZOO DISCOUNTS
This zoo near Orlando is the leader in conservation, providing experiences that excite and inspire children as well as adults to learn and act on behalf of wildlife.
20% off weekday tickets
Weekdays now through Friday, October 16, 2020
The deal grants ALL single-day ticket purchasers 20 percent off when they purchase online and visit during the week.
- Purchase a timed ticket for a Monday-Friday visit.
- The discount will automatically be applied.
- The offer cannot be combined with any other discounts or offers and is not valid on previously purchased tickets or those purchased onsite at the Zoo.
Check out one of these events for discounted admission:
Sunset at the Zoo
Presented by GrayRobinson
3rd Thursday of the month, March – October, 5:30pm – sunset
$5 per person for 21+ up only.
Experience an evening outdoors with a food truck, drinks and music as you stroll through the grounds of the Central Florida Zoo. This is a great opportunity to catch some of the nocturnal animals at the prime time and enjoy the sunset views at the zoo. Perfect for social distancing.
Family Sunset at the Zoo
Presented by VyStar Credit Union
4th Friday of the month through October, 5:30pm – sunset
$5 per person.
Bring the entire family for a fun Friday night at the zoo. Meet some of our animals, dance to the tunes of a family-friendly DJ, and chill out at the splash pad. Food and drink available for purchase from a variety of food trucks and vendors.
The Zoo features North American river otters, giraffe, greater one-horned Indian rhinoceros, Florida black bears, cougar, and Amur leopard. Although the animals are the main event, there’s plenty to do at the Zoo.
- Splash ground: included with your admission. Kids can cool off in a tropical splash zone while you relax in the shade. There’s a nice playground in the middle of the Zoo too.
- Seminole Ariel Adventures: challenge yourself to a variety obstacles through the trees and zip-lines.
ZOOventure: Homeschool and Family Workshops
Registration is now open for the Central Florida Zoo’s ZOOventure Programs. The Zoo offers both onsite and virtual classes for those ages 5 to 8 and 9 to 13, plus onsite family workshops.
- Virtual classes are $10 per child for annual pass holders and $12 per child for non-pass holders.
- Onsite classes are $15 per child for annual pass holders and $18 per child for non-pass holders.
- Family workshops are $20 per family for annual pass holders and $25 per family for non-pass holders.
Zoo admission price
- Adults: $19.50
- Children (3-12): $13.75
- Seniors (60+): $15.95
- Children under the age of 3 are FREE.
- Parking is FREE.
Zoo Annual Passes
The Zoo offers a variety of annual pass options that include unlimited Zoo admission for a year with the exception of select blackout dates. A pass is always a good idea if you plan to visit a few times a year.
- Single: $55.00
- Senior Plus: $69.00
- Family: $99.00
- Premier Family: 145.00
Annual Pass Benefits
- Discounts for select education programs and camps, birthday parties, and purchases at the Zoofari Outpost Gift Shop.
- Bring guests along for a special admission price of $10.
- Discounted admission to over 150 institutions who participate in the Association of Zoos and Aquariums’ Reciprocal Program.
Central Florida Zoo hours
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day).
- The Wharton-Smith Tropical Splash Ground is open daily, weather permitting, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
MORE FREE & CHEAP THINGS TO DO IN ORLANDO
Cheap things for kids to do in Orlando
Top 10 free things to do in Orlando
Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Orlando
Best free & cheap things to do in Orlando