Free days at U.S. National Parks
Things to do this weekend in Orlando
FREE ANNUAL PASS FOR MILITARY
- In partnership with many U.S. government agencies, the program is part of the Joining Forces initiative’s effort to thank service members and their families for their sacrifices.
- Military personnel or their dependents can pick up the FREE pass at select national park or wild refuge entrances by showing their military ID.
- Unfortunately, the program does not apply to military veterans or retirees. For more details on the program, click here.
Florida National Parks to visit with your Annual Pass
- Canaveral National Seashore (one of the most beautiful beaches in Florida)
- Castillo de San Marcos National Monument, in St. Augustine
- Dry Tortugas National Park, 70 miles west of Key West
- Gulf Islands National Seashore, at the Mississippi-Florida border
- Everglades National Park, south of Miami
Florida National Parks that are always free
- Big Cypress National Preserve, Ochopee
- Biscayne National Park, Miami (free for day use)
- De Soto National Memorial, Bradenton
- Fort Caroline National Memorial and the Timucuan Preserve, Jacksonville
- Fort Matanzas National Monument, St. Augustine (stop at Fort Matanzas Visitor Center for a free ferry pass)
- Gullah/Geechee Cultural Heritage Corridor, stretching from North Carolina to Jacksonville
- Timucuan Ecological & Historic Preserve, Jacksonville