Whether you’ve been naughty or nice this holiday season, you can always add a stress-free meal to your wishlist. A number of restaurants will be open on Christmas Day in Orlando.
Here are some low-cost and moderate-price options. As always, we urge you to call ahead and confirm, as some independently-operated franchises opt to close on Christmas or limit their hours.
We’ll continue to update the list and feel free to leave a comment if you know of a regional or national restaurant chain that will have its doors open on Wednesday, December 25, 2019.
Restaurants open on Christmas Day in Orlando
Chain restaurants open on Christmas
Boston Market: Select locations open for dine-in and take-out. Individual Christmas Meals (choice of hand-carved ham, roasted turkey breast or half signature roasted chicken) served with two sides, dinner roll and a slice of apple pie are $13.99. Market Feast for 3 (ham, turkey or chicken with three large sides, three dinner rolls and a whole apple or pumpkin pie) is $39.99. Hours are typically 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., but call your nearest restaurant for hours.
Buca di Beppo: Open at 11 a.m. for dine-in or to-go.
Denny’s: Christmas is actually the diner chain’s busiest day of the year. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner all 24-hours of Christmas Day.
IHOP: Open all day (24-hour restaurants will keep to schedule, hours may vary at other locations). Call your local restaurant for details.
Perkins Restaurant & Bakery: Not all locations will be open on Christmas Day. Call the restaurant nearest you to see if they will be open, and if they have special holiday hours.
Starbucks: Most free-standing locations are open.
Waffle House: Open all day.
You might also want to check out: restaurants where kids eat free in Orlando.
Christmas dining throughout Orlando
From the theme parks to downtown, and epic feasts to romantic dinners for two, here are your top options for Christmas dining in Orlando for 2019 from Visit Orlando.
Chroma Modern Bar + Kitchen: This Lake Nona restaurant will be open from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. on Christmas Eve and 3-10 p.m. on Christmas Day. From Dec. 23, 2019 – Jan. 1, 2020, they’ll have three holiday entree specials, including Risotto ($29), Wagyu New York Strip ($65) and Oven-Roasted Sea Bass ($31), as well as two mini-desserts priced at $4.50 each: Apple Pie and Pumpkin Cheesecake.
Universal Orlando Resort/SeaWorld Orlando/International Drive Area
- Trattoria del Porto at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: From 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Christmas Day, savor the tastes of Italy and entertainment that includes appearances by Universal Orlando characters, kids’ crafts and activities, face-painting, a balloonist, and live music. Pricing: $67 adults, $25 children ages 3-9, free under 3.
- The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel: This resort is offering a prix-fixe dinner from 5-11 p.m. on Dec. 24-25, as well as a Christmas Day brunch from 10:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. Pricing: $55 (Christmas Eve & Day Dinner); $50 adults, $20 children ages 3-9, free under 3 (Christmas Brunch).
- Jake’s American Bar at Loews Royal Pacific Resort: From 7-11 a.m., this restaurant will have a Christmas breakfast buffet. Pricing: $23.99 adults, $13.99 children ages 3-9, free under 3.
- Islands Dining Room at Loews Royal Pacific Resort: Served among the sights and sounds of the South Pacific from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m., this buffet will also offer a face-painter, balloonist, musician and hula dancer, as well as appearances by Universal Orlando characters. Pricing: $59 adults, $27 children ages 3-9, free under 3.
- Amatista Cookhouse at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort: With entertainment that includes a face-painter, balloonist and appearances by Universal Orlando characters, this resort’s Christmas buffet will be available from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. They’ll also have a breakfast buffet from 7-11 a.m. Pricing: $59 adults, $27 children ages 3-9, free under 3 (main buffet); $22.99 adults, $12.99 children ages 3-9, free under 3 (breakfast).
- Bayliner Diner at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Urban Pantry at Universal’s Aventura Hotel, and Beach Break Cafe at Universal’s Endless Summer Resort — Surfside Inn and Suites: From noon – 11 p.m., these onsite eateries will have Christmas Day meal specials. Pricing: $18.99 adults, $9.99 children ages 3-9, free under 3 (Bayliner Diner); $24 adults, $12 children ages 3-9, free under 3 (Urban Pantry); $13.99 adults, $7.99 children ages 3-9, free under 3 (Beach Break Cafe).
Café Tu Tu Tango: In addition to their regular menu, this restaurant will have four tapas-style specials, including Short Rib Empanadas ($10), Turkey Sliders ($10), Chicken Pizzaiola Flatbread ($11) and Broccoli Salad ($9), plus a Red Velvet Flancocho ($9) dessert.
Citron, An American Brasserie: Part of the dining landscape at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes, this restaurant will have a Christmas Eve dinner from 5:30-9 p.m. and a Christmas Day dinner from 2-8 p.m., with the latter featuring a visit from Santa from 2-4 p.m. Reservations required.
Highball & Harvest: At The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes, from 12-8 p.m., enjoy this restaurant’s festive, southern-style holiday buffet with traditional items and a variety of farm-fresh sides. Reservations required. Pricing: $120 adults, $50 children 12 and under.
Mia’s Italian Kitchen: Enjoy a three-course Italian dinner with your choice of starter (Chevree & Beet Raviolo or Winter Salad), main course (Spaghetti al Vino Rosso, Fennel-Rubbed Pork Loin or Chargrilled Swordfish), and dessert (Pennetone Bread Pudding or Tiramisu). The regular menu will also be available. Three-Course Dinner Pricing: $29 adults, $15 children under 12.
Primo by Melissa Kelly: This celebrity chef-headed restaurant at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes, invites you to feast on a modern and rustic holiday menu featuring ingredients from the onsite garden. Reservations required.
Spencer’s for Steaks & Chops: From 2-6 p.m., this Hilton Orlando restaurant will have a Christmas Day buffet with charcuterie, composed salads, pasta and carving stations, a raw bar, small plates, sides, and desserts. Pricing: $59 adults, $25 children ages 14 and under.
Tapa Toro Tapas Bar & Paella Pit: Head to ICON Park for this Spanish eatery’s three-course, prix-fixe menu with warm spinach salad, herb-roasted prime rib and a sweet, seasonal dessert. Pricing: $30 per person.
Taverna Opa: Located at Pointe Orlando, this Greek restaurant is serving a three-course, prix-fixe, family-style menu on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, including your choice of first, second and third courses. Pricing: $28 per person.
Walt Disney World Resort/Lake Buena Vista Area
B Resort & Spa at Disney Springs: From noon – 10 p.m., this resort’s American Kitchen Bar & Grill will have Pecan Wood-Fired Roast Organic Turkey ($29) and Fire-Roasted Certified Angus Beef Prime Rib ($34), as well as Pecan Pie ($6).
Caribe Royale Orlando: Experience a Christmas Day buffet in this resort’s The Tropicale restaurant with special entrees; carving, sushi and pasta stations; traditional sides; desserts; salads; and more. Pricing: $59 adults, $19 children ages 3-9 (free under 3).
Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, a Rosen Hotel: From 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. in the Bella Vista ballroom, this resort is hosting a holiday buffet the whole family will love. Pricing: TBD.
Floridays Resort Orlando: From 8-11 a.m., enjoy breakfast and photos with Santa, including omelet, fruit and pastries stations; beverages; and more, plus pancake decorating for kids. Pricing: $32 adults, $20 children.
Garden Grove: Opt from full-featured brunch and dinner buffets on Christmas Day at this Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort restaurant. Pricing: $28.99 adults, $19.99 kids (brunch); $48.99 adults, $26.99 children ages 3-9, free under 3 (dinner).
Il Mulino: On Christmas Eve only, this Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort eatery will have two specials: Branzinio Livonese ($36) and Hand-Crafted Lasagna ($36).
Raglan Road Irish Pub: This Disney Springs eatery will have a complete Christmas dinner of butter & herb-roasted turkey, garlic mashed potatoes, duck fat roasties, honey-glazed carrots, bacon-braised Brussels sprouts, sausage meat & walnut stuffing, red wine jus, and cranberry sauce. Pricing: $28.95 adults, $14 children.
Reunion Resort: This resort’s Grande Ballroom is offering a Christmas feast with a carving station, seafood display and delicious desserts. Seatings are available at 2 & 5 p.m. Pricing: $49.99 adults, $24.99 children ages 4-12, free under 4.
Todd English’s bluezoo: This celebrity chef-helmed restaurant at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort will have a Christmas Eve special of Herb-Seared Turbot ($34) and a Christmas Day special of Colorado Lamb Oscar ($42).
Terralina Crafted Italian: This Disney Springs eatery will be open and offering a Seared Scallops ($36) special seared over fresh pasta carbonara. And on New Year’s Day, they’ll have a Surf & Turf ($49) special with braised short rib, seared scallops and a mushroom sage risotto.
Wine Bar George: Headed by Master Sommelier George Miliotes, this Disney Springs restaurant will have Santa Carota Short Ribs, Red Wine Braised Half Chicken and Chocolate Ginger Cake, as well as select items from their regular menu.
MORE THINGS DO IN ORLANDO
- Things to do this weekend in Orlando
- Free & cheap holiday events in Orlando
- Cheap things to do with kids in Orlando