By Laura Daily
Whether you’ve been naughty or nice, diners can cross a stress-free meal off their wish list. A number of restaurant chains will be open Christmas Day. Here are some low-cost and moderate-price options. As always, we urge you to call ahead and confirm, as some independently-operated franchises opt to close on Christmas or limit their hours. We’ll continue to update the list and feel free to leave a comment if you know of a regional or national restaurant chain that will have its doors open on December 25.
- Denny’s: Christmas is actually the diner chain’s busiest day of the year. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner all 24-hours of Christmas Day.
- Village Inn: Open all day (though hours may vary by location). Be sure to get a slice of Candy Cane pie.
- Perkins Restaurant & Bakery: Most locations open at 6 a.m. on Christmas Day.
- IHOP: Open all day (24-hours restaurants will keep to schedule, hours may vary at other locations).
- Golden Corral: Some locations are open but varies by restaurant. Call ahead to confirm.
- Not in the mood for standard fare such as turkey or ham? Look to your neighborhood ethnic restaurants. Many Chinese and Indian spots are open on Christmas for lunch and/or dinner.
- Looking for a more formal dining experience? Check OpenTable. The online restaurant reservations site lists upscale restaurants (the kind that take reservations) open on Christmas Day. You can search by city.