Father’s Day is Sunday, June 19, 2022, and there are plenty of dads who deserve a fun day in Orlando. But a memorable day doesn’t have to be expensive. We all know it’s the thought that counts — so why not plan a unique and a cheap experience near Orlando?
From a day at a brewery to an outdoor adventure, there are plenty of free and cheap things to do with dad during Father’s Day in Orlando.
Free admission & discounts on Father’s Day in Orlando 2022
- Harry P. Leu Gardens offers free admission for dads on Father’s Day, 9am – 5pm, to stroll through Orlando’s most beautiful garden. For everyone else, garden admission is $15 for adults and $10 for kids.
- The Orange County Regional History Center is celebrating dads by giving them free admission on June 19, noon – 5pm.
- SAK Comedy Lab is giving dads the gift of laughter with a lineup of three shows on Father’s Day. Dad’s admission is free and general admission is $22. Reservations are recommended.
- Elev8 Fun, the massive new entertainment center in Seminole County, is offering dads a FREE go-kart race with a child present.
- For a fun craft beer experience, check out Crooked Can Brewery at Plant Street Market. Take a tour of the brewery for $5 each (make reservations online).
You might also want to check out: free & cheap things to do this weekend in Orlando.
Things to do with Dad in Orlando on Father’s Day
- Stop by Orlando Brewing to sample local brews. They offer free tours Monday – Saturday at 6pm.
- Head to downtown Sanford for a cold beer at one of the many breweries, enjoy a German lunch at Hollerbach’s Willow Tree Cafe and then take a stroll along the Riverwalk. If you have little ones in tow, cool off at the Fort Mellon Splash Pad Park.
- If dad enjoys a nice glass of wine, take a trip to Lakeridge Winery in Clermont for free live music on Saturdays & Sundays and complimentary winery tours.
- Float through the canals and lush landscape of Winter Park’s waterways on a tranquil Scenic Boat Tour ($16 for adults, $8 for kids).
- Black Hammock Adventures has free live music every weekend and is one of the best locations for the sunset in Central Florida. You can also sign up for an airboat tour of Lake Jessup, which boasts the densest population of alligators in the state of Florida.
- Boggy Creek Airboat rides take you through Florida wetlands at speeds up to 50 mph for an up-close look at the native wildlife.
Go swimming in our gorgeous natural springs, including those at Blue Spring State Park, De Leon Springs State Park, Rock Springs at Kelly Park, and Wekiwa Springs State Park.
- It’s free to journey through the trails of Central Florida: Orange County trails, Lake County trails, and Volusia County trails.
- The beach is just a 45-minute drive from Orlando. Pack the car for a day trip to Cocoa or New Smyrna Beach.
Check out this list of free & cheap things to do in Daytona Beach & New Smyrna.
- Watch dad soar on a zip-line obstacle course at Orlando Tree Trek Adventure Park or zip-line over alligators at Gatorland’s Screamin’ Gator Zip Line.
- Play volleyball, corn toss, enjoy live music, and a take dip in the cool waters of the Wekiva River: all for free at Wekiva Island. This eco-recreation destination has an old Florida feel, a bar that serves beer and wine, and riverside cabanas. Admission is free during the week, but the charge is only a dollar or two on the weekends.
- Book a tee-time at Winter Park’s 9-hole golf course.
- Rent bikes. Explore the City Beautiful by renting bikes through the Orlando Bike Share program. Simply reserve a bike online or through the app, release the bike to ride, and then return at any one of the designated stations.
- Ride the SunRail for a fun tour of Orlando and surrounding cities. Kids under 6 ride for free with a paying adult.
- Drive up to a drive-in movie theater near Orlando.
Take dad to one of these Orlando attractions
- Universal Orlando Resort
- SeaWorld® Orlando
- LEGOLAND® Florida Resort
- Andretti’s Indoor Karting & Games
- The Escape Game Orlando
- Island H2O Live!
- Topgolf Orlando
MORE FREE & CHEAP THINGS TO DO IN ORLANDO
- Top 5 beaches closest to Orlando
- Cool off at Central Florida springs
- Where to walk in Orlando
- Best free and cheap outdoor adventures in Orlando
- Drive-In movie theaters near Orlando