Father’s Day is Sunday, June 16, 2019 and there are plenty of dads who deserve a fun day in Orlando. But a memorable day doesn’t have to be expensive. We all know it’s the thought that counts — so why not plan a unique and a cheap experience near Orlando?
From a day at a brewery to an outdoor adventure, there are plenty of free and cheap things to do with dad during Father’s Day in Orlando.
Free admission & discounts on Father’s Day in Orlando
- Harry P. Leu Gardens is offering free admission for dads on Father’s Day, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Stroll through Orlando’s most beautiful garden. For everyone else, garden admission is $10 for adults and $5 for kids.
- The Orange County Regional History Center is celebrating with free admission to all dads on June 16, noon – 5 p.m.
- Bok Tower Gardens is free for dads on Father’s Day.
- Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Gardens is free for dads on Sunday, June 16.
- SAK Comedy Lab is giving dads the gift of laughter with a lineup of three shows on Father’s Day. Dad’s admission is free and general admission is $20. Reservations are recommended.
- Winter Park is inviting everyone to relax in the park with their favorite superhero: DAD! Kids can make some fun gifts to celebrate dad at Phelps Park on Saturday, June 15, 10am – 12pm. Free event.
- RDV Ice Den in Maitland is letting dad lace up for free ice skating on Sunday, June 16 with the purchase of one child’s public skate admission. Public skate times on Father’s Day: 2pm – 3:45pm and 5:30pm – 7:15pm.
- Crayola Experience lets dad get creative for free on Father’s Day with full-price admission.
- Bass Pro Shops: Give dad a day out with the kids during Gone Fishing Event, June 8 & 9, 15 & 16, 2019 at participating Bass Pro Shops. Free catch and release ponds, certificate of first catch (while supplies last), and other special memory makers are available.
- For a fun craft beer experience, check out Crooked Can Brewery at Plant Street Market. Learn more about how they create their signature brews during brewery tours every Sunday for $5 (includes a 9 oz. pour). Dads can tour for FREE on Father’s Day with promo code DAD (space limited).
Things to do with Dad in Orlando
- Stop by Orlando Brewing for a free tour (Monday – Saturday at 6 p.m.). On Father’s Day, dads get 2-4-1 pints and 20% off growler refills.
- Head to downtown Sanford for a cold beer at one of the many breweries, enjoy a German lunch at Hollerbach’s Willow Tree Cafe and then take a stroll along the Riverwalk. If you have little ones in tow, cool off at the Fort Mellon Splash Pad Park.
- If dad enjoys a nice glass of wine, take a trip to Lakeridge Winery in Clermont for free tours and tastings.
- Orlando Farmers Market at Lake Eola Park on Sunday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., features unique finds, food and a beer and wine garden.
- Float through the canals and lush landscape of Winter Park’s waterways on a tranquil Scenic Boat Tour ($14 for adults, $7 for kids).
- Casa Feliz opens its doors on Sunday for live music and tours of the historic house and James Gamble Rogers II Studio. Donation of $5 recommended.
- Black Hammock Adventures has free live gator and bird exhibits, free live music every weekend and one of the best locations for the sunset in Central Florida. You can also sign up for an airboat tour of Lake Jessup, which boasts the densest population of alligators in the state of Florida.
- Take a dip in one of Central Florida’s cool and natural springs. Choose from one of many parks near Orlando:
- At De Leon Springs, you can cook your own pancakes at the Sugar Mill Restaurant, and then stay for the day to take a dip in the swimming area or rent canoes.
- Wekiwa Springs State Park in Apopka has boat tours, camping, canoeing, kayaking, swimming and snorkeling. The cost is $6 per vehicle.
- Kelly Park/Rock Springs in Apopka is popular for the floating down the stream in an inner tube. Kelly Park also has a concession, picnic pavilions and playground. The tube rentals are available from vendors outside the park at an added cost, but we suggest bringing your own pool floats to save some cash. The cost to enter the park is $3-5 per vehicle.
- It’s free to journey through the trails of Central Florida: Orange County trails, Lake County trails and Volusia County trails.
- The beach is just a 45-minute drive from Orlando. Pack the car for a day trip to Cocoa or New Smyrna Beach.
- Boggy Creek Airboat rides takes you through Florida wetlands at speeds up to 50 mph for an up-close look at native wildlife.
- Play volleyball, corn toss, enjoy live music and a take dip in the cool waters of the Wekiva River: all for free at Wekiva Island. This eco-recreation destination has an old Florida feel, a bar that serves beer and wine, and riverside cabanas. Admission is free during the week, but the charge is only a dollar or two on the weekends.
- Book a tee-time at Winter Park’s 9-hole golf course. Fees start at $16 for non-residents during the week and go up to $17 on the weekends. Or take him to play disc golf at Bill Frederick Park.
- If dad likes a good challenge, solve puzzles at one of these escape attractions: The Great Escape Room, The Escape Game Orlando, or Escapology.
- Rent bikes. Explore the City Beautiful by renting bikes through the Orlando Bike Share program. Simply reserve a bike online or through the app, release the bike to ride and then return at any one of the designated stations.
- Ride the SunRail for a fun tour of Orlando and surrounding cities. Kids under 6 ride for free with a paying adult.
You might also be interested in: Best free & cheap outdoor adventures in Orlando.
Events on Father’s Day weekend
Alive After 5
Thursday, June 13, 5pm – 8pm
Blues, Brews and BBQ street party in downtown Sanford with live entertainment, local artists and food and beer. Free entry. $10 for a food sampling ticket.
Longwood Food Truck Fest
Thursday, June 13, 5:30pm-8:30pm
Reiter Park, Longwood
Free fun in the park with food trucks, live music, beer/wine for purchase.
Winter Park, Popcorn Flicks
Thursday, June 13 at 8pm
Featuring: Apollo 13
Central Park in Downtown Winter Park
Dive-In Movie at Westmonte Park
Friday, June 14
Featuring: Mary Poppins Returns
The newly renovated pool at Westmonte Park in Altamonte Springs is now open.
Admission is $5 (3 and under are free). They are hosting a variety of Dive-In Movies throughout the summer.
Art After Dark Lake Nona
Friday, June 14, 6pm – 9pm
Lake Nona Town Center
Free event. Stroll around and visit with local artist and vendors.
The Milky Way
Friday, June 14, 6pm-10pm
The Milk District, Orlando
$10 tickets to explore the Milk District and pick up tasty sample-size drinks along the way.
Friday, June 14 at 11am
Orlando Museum of Art
$25 per family. Yoga, fun, games and music.
Casselberry Food Truck Night
Friday, June 14, 6pm-9pm
Lake Concord, Casselberry
Fridays on the Plaza
Friday, June 15 at 7pm
Free live music in downtown Winter Garden.
Cruz N Car Show
Saturday, June 15, 4pm – 8pm
Free event in downtown Winter Garden.
Sanford Food Truck Fiesta
Saturday, June 15, 5pm – 9pm
West End Trading Co., Sanford
Enjoy live music, 12+ food trucks and pick up drinks at the local bars.
Old Town Family Movie Night
Sunday, June 16 at dusk
Featuring: Muppets from Space
Free movie at Old Town in Kissimmee.
Father’s Day BBQ
Sunday, June 16, 11:30am-2pm
Enzian Theater, Maitland
$35 general admission for a BBQ lunch buffet, free beer and a film.
Father’s Day 5K Run
Sunday, June 16, 8:30am-10:30am
Blanchard Park, Orlando
$15 to enter. Registration ends June 15.
Father’s Day restaurant freebies and discounts
Applebee’s : Buy a $50 gift card and receive a $10 bonus gift card. Also, enjoy Vodka Raspberry Lemonade for $1 for the entire month of June.
Arooga’s: Dad gets a free meal on Father’s Day with purchase of equal or greater value at participating Arooga’s locations all day on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 16, 2019 (offer excludes East Brunswick, NJ and Allentown, Pa locations).
Benihana : Receive a $10 promotional card when you purchase $50 in gift cards. Offer available until June 17.
Fogo de Chao : Get a $25 bonus eCard with the purchase of $125 worth of Gift eCard purchases. The offer is valid now through June 16, 2019.
Firehouse Subs: Present this coupon to receive a free medium sub with the purchase of a medium or large sub, chips and a drink. Valid on June 16, 2019.
Medieval Times : Dad is free, June 3 – 16, with the purchase of one full-priced adult ticket. Use code DAD19.
Massage Envy : Get two 60-minute massage sessions with Rapid Tension Relief for $120.
Olive Garden : For every $50 in gift cards purchased, receive a $10 bonus gift card. Offer is available until June 23, 2019. Bonus card will be mailed to you, and it is valid July 1 to July 31.
Red Lobster : For every $75 purchased in gift cards, Red Lobster will give you two bonus gifts, good for $10 or a free appetizer. Bonus gifts are valid on future visits between July and September.
Ruth’s Chris Steak House : Dads receive a $25 dining card when they dine in on Father’s Day, June 16, 2018. The card is valid to Septemeber 1, 2019. Limit one per table.
Sonic: Get half price shakes and ice cream cookie sandwiches after 8 p.m. If that’s past your bedtime, you could get 50% off drinks and slushes or $.99 corn dogs during Happy Hour, 2 pm to 4 pm.
Tony Roma’s on I-Drive is celebrating fathers with a weekend special from June 15-16. Start with your choice of Classic Potato Soup, House Chop Salad topped with BBQ onion ranch dressing or a Caesar Salad with basil pesto Caesar dressing. Then, treat Dad to a wood-grilled New York Strip 12oz steak topped with creamy, spicy Kickin’ Shrimp alongside a baked potato and grilled asparagus all for just $35.