Father’s Day is Sunday, June 17, 2018 and there are plenty of dads who deserve a fun day in Orlando. But a memorable day doesn’t have to be expensive. We all know it’s the thought that counts — so why not plan a unique and a cheap experience near Orlando? From a day at a brewery to an outdoor adventure, there are plenty of free and cheap things to do with dad during Father’s Day in Orlando.
Free admission & discounts for Dads in Orlando
- Harry P. Leu Gardens is offering free admission for dads on Father’s Day, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Stroll through Orlando’s most beautiful garden. For everyone else, garden admission is $10 for adults and $5 for kids.
- The Orange County Regional History Center is celebrating with free admission to all dads on June 17, noon – 5 p.m.
- Mennello Museum of American Art is free for dad on Sunday, June 17, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Bok Tower Gardens is free for dads on Father’s Day.
- SAK Comedy Lab is giving dads the gift of laughter with a lineup of 3 shows on Father’s Day. Dad’s admission is free and general admission is $18. Reservations are recommended.
- Winter Park is inviting everyone to relax in the park as a family to celebrate dad with live music and crafts in a beautiful setting. Picnic with Father is scheduled for Saturday, June 16 at 12 p.m. in Kraft Azalea Park. Bring your own picnic; refreshments are provided for free.
- At Medieval Times dads receive free admission with the purchase of one full-price adult package, now through June 17.
- At RDV Ice Den, dad’s skate for free with the purchase of one child’s public skate admission on Father’s Day.
Things to do for Father’s Day in Orlando
- Stop by Orlando Brewing for a free tour (Monday – Saturday at 8 p.m.) or Lakeridge Winery in Clermont for a free tour and tasting.
- For a fun craft beer experience, check out Crooked Can Brewery at Plant Street Market, or head to downtown Sanford for a cold beer at one of the many breweries and then take a stroll along the Riverwalk.
- Orlando Farmers Market at Lake Eola Park on Sunday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., features unique finds, food and a beer and wine garden.
- Float through the canals and lush landscape of Winter Park’s waterways on a tranquil Scenic Boat Tour ($14 for adults, $7 for kids).
- Casa Feliz opens its doors on Sunday for live music and tours of the historic house and James Gamble Rogers II Studio. Donation of $5 recommended.
- Black Hammock Adventures has free live gator and bird exhibits, free live music every weekend and one of the best locations for the sunset in Central Florida. You can also sign up for an airboat tour of Lake Jessup, which boasts the densest population of alligators in the state of Florida.
- Take a dip in the springs. Choose from one of the many cool and natural parks in Central Florida. At De Leon Springs, you can cook your own pancakes at the Sugar Mill Restaurant, and then stay for the day to take a dip in the swimming area or rent canoes.
- It’s free to journey through the trails of Central Florida: Orange County trails, Lake County trails and Volusia County trails.
- The beach is just a 45-minute drive from Orlando. Pack the car for a day trip to Cocoa or New Smyrna Beach.
- Boggy Creek Airboat rides takes you through Florida wetlands at speeds up to 50 mph for an up-close look at native wildlife.
- Play volleyball, corn toss, enjoy live music and a take dip in the cool waters of the Wekiva River all for free at Wekiva Island. This eco-recreation destination has an old Florida feel, a bar that serves beer and wine, riverside cabanas and a dog-friendly policy. Admission is free during the week, but the charge is only a dollar or two on the weekends.
- Book a tee-time at Winter Park’s 9-hole golf course. Fees start at $14 for non-residents during the week and go up to $17 on the weekends. Or take him to play disc golf at Bill Frederick Park.
- If dad likes a good challenge, solve puzzles at one of these escape attractions: America’s Escape Game, Breakout Escape Rooms, The Escape Game Orlando, Escapology and Lockbusters Escape Game in the International Drive area, plus The Great Escape Room in downtown Orlando.
Events on Father’s Day weekend
Alive After 5
Thursday, June 14, 5PM – 8PM
Blues, Burgers and BBQ street party in downtown Sanford with live entertainment, local artists and food and beer. Free entry.
Winter Park, Popcorn Flicks
Thursday, June 14
Central Park in Downtown Winter Park
Fridays on the Plaza
Friday, June 15 at 7PM
Free live music in downtown Winter Garden.
City of Oviedo Summer Indoor Movie Series
Friday, June 15
Featuring: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Oviedo Cultural Center. Reserve free seats online, first-come, first served. Movies start at 6:30PM
Yoga Under the Stars
Friday, June 15, 7PM – 9PM
Orlando Brewing, Orlando
Pre-sale $12 includes a pint of beer ($14 at the door).
Art After Dark Lake Nona
Friday, June 15, 6PM-9PM
Lake Nona, Orlando
Free event. Stroll around and visit with local artist and vendors.
Festival of the Sea
Saturday, June 16, 11AM – 7PM
Orlando Festival Park
Advanced tickets $10, kids $5
Enjoy live music, face painting, kids’ area, and multiple seafood vendors.
Rhythms at the Roost
Saturday, June 16, 6PM – 10PM
Cranes Roost Amphitheater, Altamonte Springs
Free admission. Enjoy jazz, funk, blues and rock with a New Orleans flare from the NOLA Brass Band.
Orlando’s Solutionary Peace Walk & Festival
Saturday, June 16, 10AM – 4PM (walk starts at 11AM)
Northeast Corner of Lake Eola, Orlando
Free event. Come participate in the 1 mile walk, enjoy vegan food, music, yoga and peace exhibitors.
Saturday, June 16, 4PM – 8PM
Downtown Winter Garden on Plant Street
Enjoy music by WJBJ Cruisin’ with the car classics.
Sanford Food Truck Fiesta
Saturday, June 16, 5 PM -8PM
Palmetto Ave. Sanford
Free event featuring Orlando’s best food trucks. Enjoy live music, food and drinks.
Old Town Family Movie Night
Sunday, June 17 at dusk
Free movie at Old Town in Kissimmee