Father’s Day is Sunday, June 21, 2020 and there are plenty of dads who deserve a fun day in Orlando. But a memorable day doesn’t have to be expensive. We all know it’s the thought that counts — so why not plan a unique and a cheap experience near Orlando?
From a day at a brewery to an outdoor adventure, there are plenty of free and cheap things to do with dad during Father’s Day in Orlando.
Free admission & discounts on Father’s Day in Orlando
- Harry P. Leu Gardens is offering free admission for dads on Father’s Day, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Stroll through Orlando’s most beautiful garden. For everyone else, garden admission is $10 for adults and $5 for kids.
- The Orange County Regional History Center is celebrating with free admission to all dads on June 21, noon – 5 p.m.
- SAK Comedy Lab is giving dads the gift of laughter with a lineup of three shows on Father’s Day. Dad’s admission is free and general admission is $20. Reservations are recommended.
- Fathers play free with a paying child or adult at Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf on I-Drive.
- For a fun craft beer experience, check out Crooked Can Brewery at Plant Street Market.
You might also want to check out: free & cheap things to do this weekend in Orlando.
Things to do with Dad in Orlando
- Stop by Orlando Brewing to sample local brews.
- Head to downtown Sanford for a cold beer at one of the many breweries, enjoy a German lunch at Hollerbach’s Willow Tree Cafe and then take a stroll along the Riverwalk. If you have little ones in tow, cool off at the Fort Mellon Splash Pad Park.
- If dad enjoys a nice glass of wine, take a trip to Lakeridge Winery in Clermont for free live music on Saturdays & Sundays.
- Float through the canals and lush landscape of Winter Park’s waterways on a tranquil Scenic Boat Tour ($14 for adults, $7 for kids).
- Black Hammock Adventures has free live gator and bird exhibits, free live music every weekend and one of the best locations for the sunset in Central Florida. You can also sign up for an airboat tour of Lake Jessup, which boasts the densest population of alligators in the state of Florida.
- Take a dip in one of Central Florida’s cool and natural springs.
- It’s free to journey through the trails of Central Florida: Orange County trails, Lake County trails and Volusia County trails.
- The beach is just a 45-minute drive from Orlando. Pack the car for a day trip to Cocoa or New Smyrna Beach.
- Boggy Creek Airboat rides takes you through Florida wetlands at speeds up to 50 mph for an up-close look at native wildlife.
- Watch dad soar on a zip-line obstacle course at Orlando Tree Trek Adventure Park or zip-line over alligators at Gatorland’s Screamin’ Gator Zip Line.
- Play volleyball, corn toss, enjoy live music and a take dip in the cool waters of the Wekiva River: all for free at Wekiva Island. This eco-recreation destination has an old Florida feel, a bar that serves beer and wine, and riverside cabanas. Admission is free during the week, but the charge is only a dollar or two on the weekends.
- Book a tee-time at Winter Park’s 9-hole golf course.
- Rent bikes. Explore the City Beautiful by renting bikes through the Orlando Bike Share program. Simply reserve a bike online or through the app, release the bike to ride and then return at any one of the designated stations.
- Ride the SunRail for a fun tour of Orlando and surrounding cities. Kids under 6 ride for free with a paying adult.
- Drive up to a drive-in movie theater near Orlando.
Check out Orlando attractions
Numerous venues and theme parks have reopened with stringent new cleanliness procedures, including:
- Universal Orlando Resort: Get Details
- SeaWorld® Orlando: Get Details
- LEGOLAND® Florida Resort: Get Details
- Andretti’s Indoor Karting & Games
- The Escape Game Orlando
- Island H2O Live!
- Orlando StarFlyer
- Topgolf Orlando
You might also be interested in: Best free & cheap outdoor adventures in Orlando.
Father’s Day restaurant freebies and discounts
Applebee’s: Get 10% off any gift card purchase of $50 or more.
Benihana: Receive a $10 promotional card when you purchase $50 in gift cards, or $50 in promotional cards when you buy $200 in gift cards. Offer available until June 21, and the cards are valid until July 26, 2020.
Bulla Gastrobar: Offering a three-course, prix fixe brunch menu for Father’s Day as well as family meal deals and a paella making kit to make at home.
The Capital Grille: At their Pointe Orlando location, enjoy a three-course Father’s Day feast for two ($135) or four ($245), featuring French rolls, salad, Prime Roasted Rack of Ribeye, accompaniments and dessert. The package is available for take-out or dine-in, and reservations are required.
Fogo de Chao: Get a $15 bonus eCard good for Fogo To Go and Butcher Shop with the purchase of $125 worth of Gift eCard purchases. Plus, receive $25 bonus card to be used toward a full churrasco brunch, lunch or dinner.
Morton’s Steakhouse: Treat Dad to a four-course steakhouse meal of six-ounce filet ($59), eight-ounce filet ($69) or 16-ounce NY strip ($79) and one each appetizer, side and dessert for takeout or delivery, valid June 19-21.
Olive Garden: For every $50 in gift cards purchased, receive a $10 bonus gift card. Offer is available until June 21. Bonus card will be electronically delivered or mailed to you, and it is valid July 1 to July 31.
The Osprey Tavern: For dine-in only, their 16-oz. Herb Roasted Prime Rib ($59) includes Josper rainbow carrots, creamy Swiss chard, house Hawaiian roll, bordelaise sauce and horseradish cream. For take-out, the 2.5-lb. Herb Roasted Prime Rib Family Meal ($120) feeds four.
Outback Steakhouse: For every $50 in gift cards purchased, receive a $10 bonus gift card which can be send electronically or by mail.
Reyes Mezcaleria: Treat Dad to a Cowboy Steak ($49), featuring duck fat potato rosti, herb-roasted tomatoes, roasted mushrooms & baby zucchini, and ancho garlic butter.
Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse: Father’s Day weekend prime Ribeye surf & turf special with 12, 16 or 22-ounce steak, lobster tail, salad and side from $59-$75, available for takeout or delivery. Offer good June 19-21.
Tapa Toro: From 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., enjoy All-You-Can-Eat Paella ($25), Bottomless Mimosas & Sangria ($16) and flamenco dancing entertainment at this ICON Park eatery.
Taverna Opa: Dads eat free with the family-style menu for four or more guests (dine-in only). You can also get a Greek Feast for takeout, which serves two to three guests and is priced at $69.
MORE FREE & CHEAP THINGS TO DO IN ORLANDO
- Free virtual rides at Walt Disney World Resort theme parks
- Top 5 beaches closest to Orlando
- Cool off at Central Florida springs
- Where to walk in Orlando
- Best free and cheap outdoor adventures in Orlando
- Free things to do at Disney (from home)
- Drive-In movie theaters near Orlando