Orlando on the Cheap has scoured Central Florida for the top 10 things to do under $10. Here are our picks.
- The Orange County Regional History Center offers a wide variety of creative exhibits and programs designed for children, including art stations and free family guides for exploring the museum. Tickets are $6 for kids and $8 for adults.
- Orlando Museum of Art dedicates itself to collecting, preserving and interpreting notable works of art to enrich the cultural life of Florida. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for kids. During the popular monthly event, 1st Thursdays, the museum showcases a new theme of art by local artists accompanied by live music, cash bar and café with selections by area restaurants. Admission to this event is $10 each.
- Disney’s Boardwalk or Disney Springs
Take a step back in time with an evening stroll along Disney’s Boardwalk, a quarter-mile promenade boasting endless charm and architecture inspired by 20th century coastal cities like Coney Island and New Jersey. Watch street entertainers, enjoy an ice cream cone or Saltwater taffy from Seashore Sweets’ and tour unique shops, restaurants and nightlife venues. Downtown Disney is now Disney Springs, featuring an eclectic and contemporary mix of 150 establishments including shops, restaurants and other venues.
- Enzian Theater showcases independent and classic films with an outdoor bar and tables to eat in the theater.
- Central Florida Springs, Florida’s natural cooling system, is a fun place to visit year round. In the summer, take a dip in the refreshing water. In the winter, go on a picnic or a canoe trip. Admission is around $6 per person or $2 per person, depending on the park.
- Scott’s Maze Adventures, located in Zellwood and open in the fall, features a 6-acre corn maze, 3-acre tree maze, picnic area, nature walk and various entertainment attractions.
- Oak Haven farm grows bright red strawberries ripe for the picking during February through April in Central Florida. Fill your own basket with juicy berries, order a strawberry shortcake at the fresh market and enjoy an afternoon picnic.
- Leu Gardens is a beautiful 50-acre botanical oasis minutes from downtown Orlando. On the first Friday of the month, snuggle up with your date for an outdoor movie under the stars for just $6 each. Garden admission is free on the first Monday of each month (depending on the season). Regular ticket price is $3 for kids and $10 for adults.
- The Food Truck Bazaar offers couples an atypical dining experience with a reputation for gourmet food like lobster rolls, chorizo tacos and root beer flavored cupcakes. Don’t forget chairs or a blanket; seating is typically scarce.
- Lakeridge Winery is an unexpected Florida wine experience. One weekend every month, the Lakeridge Winery entertains visitors with free (or $2 donation entry) events featuring live music, artist vendors, crafts and food. You can also stop by any day of the week for complimentary wine tours and tastings.