Fresh strawberries are ripe for harvesting in late November/early December through April in Central Florida. You can get that Florida farm experience by filling your own basket with tons of fresh berries.
Pick your own strawberries at these local farms during strawberry U-pick season in Orlando.
U-pick strawberry fields near Orlando
Most of the strawberry farms communicate their hours of operation via Facebook, so make sure you check each farm’s Facebook or call ahead before making the drive.
On a busy weekend, the fields could be picked through by the afternoon, so plan ahead.
Keep in mind, most locations are cash only. Be prepared to pay $3 – $4 per pound depending on the location.
Is there a spot we should add to this list? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A local favorite you-pick strawberry field is Oak Haven Farms & Winery in Sorrento, Florida where you can spend hours picking berries, playing, eating and wine tasting.
After filling a basket with berries, visit Oak Haven’s country kitchen for home-style strawberry shortcake, milkshakes, strawberry wine, u-roast hotdogs and other snacks. To entertain the kids, there’s a zip line, hayride and playground.
- Strawberries should be ready for picking in late November.
- Arrive early as the farm does anticipate getting picked out early, especially on the weekends.
- If your harvest is bigger than your fridge, clean the berries and freeze them to use later.
- The price per pound is $3.50 for you-pick strawberries (they accept MC, VISA and cash).
- Oak Haven wine will also be available for tasting.
For a genuine Florida farm experience, travel off the beaten path, down a long clay road and through rolling hills to reach Southern Hill in Clermont. It’s definitely worth the drive.
The family-owned and operated farm opens its doors for harvests and festivals throughout the year. Depending on the season, you can enjoy fresh donuts, craft beer, u-pick sunflowers and zinnias, farm wagon rides, yard games, activities for the kids and adults, and more.
- Strawberry u-pick season will begin in December.
- Stay posted on u-pick strawberry details through their Facebook page.
- $4 per pound to pick your own berries.
- Crop should be ready in December 2021.
- Cash and checks only.
- Pappy’s Patch doesn’t have set hours; hours of operation are announced on Facebook.
The Bekemeyer’s have been farming in Winter Garden since 1920. Their strawberries are grown on this family farm using a vertical hydroponics system. After harvesting your own strawberries, you can pick oranges, limes, lemons, pomelos and micro greens.
- U-pick strawberries should be available in November.
- Check their Facebook page for u-pick updates.
- They only accept cash.
More places to pick strawberries near Orlando
This 32-acre farm is a local gem with fresh produce harvested daily and sold at their stand — now that’s a real farm-to-table experience!
- Strawberry season December – April.
- The local farm announces their u-pick status Facebook. They only close if the berries get picked out.
- $3 a pound to pick your own strawberries.
Florida Strawberry Festival 2021
March 3 – 13, 2022
The mecca of strawberries, Plant City, is approximately an hour from Orlando. Mark your calendar for the annual Florida Strawberry Festival that celebrates the strawberry harvest of Eastern Hillsborough County. Each year, over 500,000 visitors enjoy the festival’s headline entertainment, youth livestock shows, exhibits…and of course, plenty of strawberries and strawberry shortcake.
MORE THINGS TO DO IN ORLANDO:
- Cool and natural Florida springs near Orlando
- Orlando splash pad parks
- Best free & cheap outdoor adventures in Orlando
- Florida Resident discounts at Walt Disney World Resort
- Outdoor movies in Orlando
- Universal Orlando Florida Resident discounts
For more Orlando discounts:
Stay connected with Orlando on the Cheap (for FREE)!
List your events & business with us (for FREE)!