If it’s too hot or rainy to play outside, there are plenty of chill places to explore in Orlando. We’ve created a list of fun indoor spots for you to check out with the kids.
From museums to indoor trampoline parks, Orlando has it all! Here are the best indoor places to play when it’s raining or hot outside in Orlando.
INDOOR FUN FOR KIDS IN ORLANDO
- Indoor trampoline and obstacle parks. Planet Obstacle Lake Mary is an indoor park with a Ninja Warrior Course, zip line, rock climbing, trampolines and more. Jump around at RebounderZ, an indoor trampoline center in Apopka, or Altitude Trampoline Park in Sanford.
- Lucky Monkey Altamonte is the perfect spot for a play date with little ones featuring interactive toys, slides and jungle gyms.
- O2B Kids Altamonte features a variety of colorful rooms all under one roof for you child to move, play and learn.
- RDV Sportsplex Ice Den in Maitland is a family-friendly ice rink that is open for public skating seven days a week.
- Amaya Papaya in Casselberry is a safe zone for kids 0-6 to learn, socialize and play.
- Monkey Joe’s has two locations, Pointe Orlando and Winter Park, for your kids to jump the energy out on inflatable slides, bounce houses and obstacles.
- Open gym. Many gymnastics locations offer Open Gym days. Call one of your local gyms for more information or check one of these venue’s offerings: Orlando Metro, Gymnastics USA, Legendary Athletics.
- SeaLife Aquarium Orlando features a 360-degree ocean tunnel, more than 5,000 creatures, a hands-on touch pool experience and more. Check out Toddler Tuesdays if you have a little one.
- Crayola Experience Orlando has more than 70,000 square feet of colorful hands-on activities for your kids to explore. You can save a few dollars on admission if you purchase your tickets in advance online.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando Odditorium invites visitors to explore the weirder side of things, from art to interactive exhibits in 16 galleries of the odd and unusual from around the world.
- LEGO Imagination Center lets kids explore their creativity by building with colorful bricks. Plus, on select days throughout the month, the Lego Store offers free special events for the LEGO fanatic in your family.
- Orlando Science Center features dynamic zones with hands-on exhibits that present little learners with iconic experiences, exciting discoveries and opportunities for creativity, collaboration and problem solving. Your kids will spend hours exploring the brand new KidsTown.
- The Orange County Regional History Center has a wide variety of creative exhibits and programs designed for children. On Mondays, June 3 – August 5, they offer free admission for up to four kids with one paid adult admission. On the third Thursday of every month, admission is free from 6pm – 9pm. Kids 4 and under are always free.
- The Orange County Library System hosts fun events, interactive presentations and free story time for various age groups.
- Ride the SunRail for a fun (air-conditioned) tour of Orlando and surrounding cities. Kids under 6 ride for free with a paying adult.
GO TO THE MOVIES
- Cobb Theatres’ Kids Summer Movie Escape: FREE movies every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 10 a.m. Doors open at 9 a.m. First come, first served. Orlando location: Plaza Cinema Café 12, 155 South Orange Avenue. There’s also a location in Daytona Beach.
- Summer Movie Express with Regal Entertainment Group offers G- or PG-rated movies at 10 a.m. every Tuesday and Wednesday morning for just $1. There are many Regal locations near Orlando.
- Garden Theatre’s Milk Money Movies features kids’ favorites for $3 on Tuesdays at 10 a.m., June 11 – July 30, at the theatre in Winter Garden. Admission includes kids’ sized popcorn and juice combo.
- Picture Show at Altamonte offers movies for $1 every Tuesday and $1.75 every day.
- Enzian Theater screens family-friendly films during its Peanut Butter Matinee on the fourth Sunday of the month. FREE for kids 12 and under. $9 for everyone else.
- AmStar Cinemas in Lake Mary shows Summer Kids’ Flicks every Tuesday & Wednesday at 10 a.m. $4 includes entry, popcorn and drink.
SIGN UP to be the first to know about Orlando deals and discounts! Get free email updates.