During the fall season, Orlando transforms into the ultimate Halloween destination with theme park events and community festivities, ranging from extreme scares for adults and teens to fun activities for the entire family.
Whether you are looking for a theme park experience or an inexpensive neighborhood event, follow this guide for fun things to do during Halloween in Orlando. You may also want to check out our picks for free and cheap things to do this weekend in Orlando.
To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts and free events in Central Florida, sign up for the Orlando on the Cheap newsletter, follow on Facebook or on Instagram. If you have an event to add to this list, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this mega Halloween list of free and cheap events, you’ll find:
- Family-friendly Halloween events
- Spooky events for adults and teens
- Best pumpkin patches & mazes
- Halloween outdoor movies
- Halloween at Orlando theme parks
Family-friendly Halloween events in Orlando
The Crayola Experience Screamin’ Green Hauntoween
Through Oct. 31
- Trick-or-treat throughout this colorful attraction while creating crafts, making slime and snapping character photos. Activities included with general admission. Save $5 by purchasing in advance.
Gatorland’s Gators, Ghosts And Goblins
Oct. 26, 27 and 31, 2019
- Brand NEW Halloween event at Gatorland this year! Explore spooky themed areas throughout the park, complete with ghoulish actors and selfie zones, fun shows, a variety of specialty vendors, entertainment and themed food and beer for purchase.
- Admission: single-day passes $29.99 for adults and $19.99 for children. The park usually has a Florida Resident deal 50% off tickets.
Oviedo Halloween Festival of Frights
October 25 & 26
Center Lake Park, Oviedo
- Haunted house, bounce houses, carnival games, spooky kids’ activities and entertainment. Tickets: $5 early-bird price, $10 after. Wristband includes: Haunted Mansion, Fun House Maze, Jumpin’ Pumpkin, inflatables, Swan Boat ride.
Central Florida Zoo Boo Bash
Oct. 26 & 27, 9am – 3pm
Central Florida Zoo, Sanford
- Trick or treat on the wild side at the zoo with tons of activities like a bounce house, storytime, bubble show, animal shows and more.
- Admission: $19.50 for adults, $13.75 for children (3-12).
You might also want to check out: free and cheap things to do this weekend in Orlando.
Trick or Treat Safe Zone & Block Party
Saturday, Oct. 26, 10am – 3pm
- FREE trick-or-treating event including fun activities, face painting, crafts and treats for the kids hosted by the History Center and Orlando Public Library.
- FREE for families with children 12 and under.
- The library is also hosting a fun line up of Halloween themed events throughout October.
Horsepower Ranch 8th Annual Pumpkin Festival
October 26 & 27
Horsepower Ranch Barn, Geneva
- Meet Clydesdales and magical “unicorns,” enjoy local crafts and food vendors, rock climbing, pony rides, hayrides, music, pumpkin patch and more.
- $5 admission, kids 10 and under free. FREE admission for police, fire, active military and first responders.
City of Lake Mary Halloween Spooktacular
Saturday, Oct. 26, 4pm – 8:30pm
- FREE and safe trick-or-treating in Central Park at Lake Mary City Hall. The event features DJ entertainment, bounce houses, games, face painting, lots of treat stations and an outdoor movie showing Casper at 6:45pm. It’s a very popular local event, so arrive early.
Hometown Halloween in the Park
Saturday, October 26, 4pm-7pm
Kit Land Nelson Park, Apopka
- FREE event with face painting, trick or treating, food for purchase and more.
Orange City’s Halloween Block Party
Saturday, Oct. 26, 5pm – 9pm
Mill Lake Park, Orange City
- FREE event with DJ entertainment, trick or treating, a movie in the park featuring: Hotel Transylvania 3 (7:30pm), costume contest and more.
Boxi Park’s Halloween Monster Mash
Boxi Park Lake Nona, Orlando
- FREE admission. Halloween activities, concert, food, DJ and more.
Avalon Park’s Halloween Spooktacular
Saturday, Oct. 26, 5pm – 9pm
- FREE to explore downtown while collecting treats and prizes.
Saturday, Oct. 26, 2pm – 4:45pm
RDV Ice Den in Maitland
- $12.50 for a fun Halloween-themed afternoon on the ice with costume contests and candy. Get a $1 off if you wear a costume.
Tiny Tot Halloween Party
Saturday, Oct. 26, 10am – 12pm
Semoran Skateway, Casselberry
- Tricks, treats, old school beats! $8 each includes skate rental for the kids, FREE for adults if wearing costume (or $5 if not). Special presentation of Thriller by Skating School.
Sanford Avenue Block Party
Saturday, October 26, 5pm-12am
- FREE admission to the block party with live music, kids’ zone, Vendors and more.
Maitland Fall Festival
Saturday, Oct. 26, 2pm – 5pm
Lake Lily Park, Maitland
- FREE event with bounce house, slides, carnival games, train rides ($2), costume contest, touch a truck, and more.
WonderWorks Trick or Treating
October 26 & 27
WonderWorks off I-Drive
- $15 for Florida Residents to trick or treat throughout the famous upside down house.
Sanford’s Spooky Hallow
Thursday, Oct. 31, 6pm – 8pm
First Street & Magnolia Square
- FREE event with trick or treating, costume contests and carnival games.
Halloween at Cranes Roost Park
Thursday, Oct. 31, 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- FREE and safe trick-or-treating alternative hosted by the Altamonte Police Department. Gather up treats around the lake, enjoy live music, costume contests, games and food for purchase.
Pumpkins & Munchkins at Shady Park
Thursday, Oct. 31, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Shady Park at Hannibal Square, Winter Park
- FREE family-friendly event in Winter Park with games, bounce houses, a costume contest and Trick-or-Treat Trail.
Halloweenfest Winter Garden
Thursday, Oct. 31, 6pm – 8pm
Downtown Winter Garden
- FREE to hunt for treats along Plant Street at local merchants and enjoy an evening of entertainment in downtown.
Halloween at Old Town
Thursday, Oct. 31 at 5pm
Old Town, Kissimmee
- FREE trick or treating and costume contests.
Halloween at Disney Springs
- Disney Springs is bringing back its popular Skeleton Stilt Walkers, Forest Stump, Zombie Drum Corps and Strolling Piano decked out in spooky attire. Kids are invited to wear costumes and get their face painted in several Halloween-themed designs, and everyone can take advantage of seasonal virtual backdrops with fall and Halloween themes.
- FREE admission and parking.
You might also want to check out: cheap things to do with kids in Orlando.
Halloween events for teens and adults in Orlando
Cocktails & Screams
Orlando’s first and only Halloween-themed bar.
- This bar’s wicked décor, creepy music and an all-around spooky atmosphere will chill even the most sinister spirits. Signature cocktails will include Frogs Breath and Jack & Sally straight from “The Nightmare Before Christmas.”
Haunted Tours at Maitland Art Center
Oct. 25, 6:30pm – 9:30pm
Art & History Museums, Maitland
- Go on a paranormal tour to learn the truth about two of Central Florida’s most haunted places. $15 per person. You may also want to check out the museum’s Paranormal Investigations at the Waterhouse Residence Museum, $30.
1st Annual Great Pumpkin Beer Festival
Saturday, October 26, 11:30am-11pm
A La Cart, Orlando
- FREE admission. Check out a variety of pumpkin inspired beer and dishes from the food trucks.
Winter Park After Dark Haunted Paddle
Thursday, October 31, 8pm-10pm
Get Up and Go Kayaking, Winter Park Dinky Dock
- Go on a haunted tour of the Winter Park waterways after dark. Tickets $30.
A Petrified Forest
Select nights through Nov. 2
- Venture through this haunted forest, if you dare. It features two outdoor scare trails for small groups to explore at night. $15 per person or $25 for both trails.
Orlando Halloween Pub Crawl
Friday, Oct. 25, 8 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- Book before Oct. 9 for $10 tickets. Dress up to drink and crawl through downtown’s best watering holes.
Eden Bar’s Halloween Party
Saturday, Oct. 26 at 9 p.m.
Eden Bar, Maitland
- FREE entry for 21 and up to this party at Enzian Theater’s outdoor bar. Wear your costume for a bloody good time with a DJ, costume contests, and toxic drinks.
Wekiva Island Halloween Costume Contest
Saturday, Oct. 26, 7pm – 10pm
Wekiva Island, Longwood
- FREE adult halloween costume contest with up to $1,000 in prizes to win. Food for purchase, live music, pumpkin beers on tap and $15 buckets of White Claw.
Thornton Park District Halloween Block Party
Saturday, Oct. 26, 9pm – 2am
Thornton Park District, downtown Orlando
- $10 in advance for this spooky street party with stilt walkers, fire breathers, burlesque dancers, dark arts market and costume contests.
Saturday, October 26, 7pm-10pm
Friends of Lake Louisa State Park, Clermont
- $4 donation for a guided haunted hike through the park. Appropriate for ages 13+.
The Rocky Horror Picture Show Experience
Wednesday, Oct. 31 at 10pm
Garden Theatre in Winter Garden
- $15 tickets for this interactive movie experience featuring trivia, costume contests and games.
- This group offers a wide variety of year-round paranormal experiences throughout the Orlando area, including downtown Orlando, Winter Garden (about 20 minutes west of downtown) and Mount Dora (approximately 45 minutes north of downtown).
- Options include the “Spirits With Spirits” haunted pub tour and “Dining With the Departed” in a haunted restaurant.
You might also want to check out: romantic dates in Orlando for under $30.
Halloween outdoor movies & screenings
Old Town Family Movie Night
Sundays at 7pm
FREE outdoor movies at Old Town in Kissimmee
- October 27: Hocus Pocus
13 Films of Halloween at Enzian
Select days and nights in October
- The Enzian Theater in Maitland is showing 13 classic horror and family-friendly films. The lineup includes cult classics, midnight flicks, a kids’ Halloween party and more.
Celebration Movie Night
Friday, Oct. 25, 6:30pm – 9pm
Celebration Community Field Complex
- FREE outdoor movie featuring Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Movieola: The Nightmare Before Christmas
Saturday, October 26, 7pm-9pm
Lake Eola Park Amphitheater, downtown Orlando
- FREE movie under the stars. Bring a pumpkin for painting and wear your costume for a contest.
Free outdoor movie at City of Lake Mary Halloween Spooktacular
Saturday, Oct. 26 at 6:45pm
- FREE outdoor movie screening the family-friendly flick, Casper, during the city’s popular FREE Halloween event.
Shriekfest Horror Film Festival
The Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center/Ritz Theater
- The 3rd annual Shriekfest Film Festival is screening 38 independent
horror/thriller/scifi/fantasy short films.
- Tickets are $8 per film program or a full day pass for $25.00
Pumpkin Patches & Fall Festivals
For more information, check out our full story on: best pumpkin patches and corn mazes in Orlando.
Club Lake Plantation: Fall Festival
Daily in October (usually closed on Mondays)
3403 Rock Springs Road Apopka, Florida 32712
You might also want to check out: sunflower fields near Orlando.
Halloween at Orlando theme parks
Universal Orlando Resort’s Halloween Horror Nights
Select nights through Nov. 2
- 80s-themed cult classics return in the 10 haunted houses, five scare zones and live entertainment.
- Returning in 2019 are the fan favorites “Stranger Things” house and original concept “Nightingales: Blood Pit” house. Debuting this year is “Depths of Fear,” where deep-sea nightmares prepare for your watery grave.
- We dug up a few ways to find Halloween Horror Nights ticket discounts.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Select nights through Nov. 1
- Magic Kingdom Park comes alive with jack-o-lanterns, not-so-scary characters and family friendly entertainment. Visitors can trick-or-treat, masquerade with costumed characters and enjoy new ghostly surprises throughout the park.
- Follow Mickey, Minnie and friends as they trick-or-treat in a mysterious haunted house and encounter Disney villains in a new fireworks spectacular. Also debuting is a “101 Dalmatians”-themed experience featuring popular villain Cruella de Ville.
SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular
Weekends through Oct. 27
- Family friendly trick-or-treating, not-so-spooky live shows, whimsical sea creatures, playtime fun with favorite Sesame Street friends and more.
- This year’s events include the Pet’s Ahoy Halloween show, a Halloween Dance Party with under-the-sea friends and the opportunity to meet mermaids in their colorful grotto.
LEGOLAND Florida Resort’s Brick or Treat
Select nights through Oct. 27
- Larger-than-life LEGO Halloween character models, a scavenger hunt, trick-or-treating, a pirate-themed fireworks show and more.