Autumn is coming — and so are the pumpkins. Even if the air isn’t crisp, it’s almost time to break out pumpkin everything! The fall season is one of the most exciting times of the year in Central Florida marked by pumpkin patches, corn mazes and farm fun near Orlando.
Fill your calendar with tons of fall activities and pumpkin photo ops every weekend at one of these destinations.
BEST PUMPKIN PATCHES & CORN MAZES
Here’s a list of all the farms we know of within an hour or so of Orlando where you can pick pumpkins, go on a hayride, pet farm animals, or find your way through a maze of corn.
Is there a spot we should add to this list? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel through Lake County farm country to visit Santa’s Farm in Eustis. The pumpkin destination features tons of family-friendly activities including a patch, hayrides, photo ops and an animal petting zoo with goats, pigs, chickens, rabbits and more.
- General admission tickets can range from $3-$6 depending on the day.
- For an extra charge, you can add on additional activities like horse rides, a zip line, mazes, duck races and a pillow bounce area.
NEW on the farm this year are evening events: Friday night Pumpkins, Sunsets, Zoo & Brew and Saturday sunsets after the daytime crowds leave. Admission is free to enjoy an evening in the pumpkin patch as a family (all activities are closed). Beer, wine and food for purchase.
For a genuine Florida farm experience, travel off the beaten path, down a long clay road and through rolling hills to reach Southern Hill in Clermont. It’s definitely worth the drive!
The family-owned and operated farm opens its doors for harvests and festivals throughout the year. The Fall Festival is one of our favorites! Enjoy fresh apple cider donuts, food trucks, craft beer, live music, u-pick sunflowers and zinnias, activities for the kids and adults, pumpkins for sale, and more.
- Cost is $20 per vehicle during the weekend (must be purchased in advance) or $10 for Wednesdays which is totally worth it considering what you get once you arrive. This event is very popular! Buy your vehicle ticket as soon as you can.
- The farm is only accepting payment in advance this year. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable to another date and time. Your vehicle admission pass is your only entrance fee.
- Additional items can be purchased on the farm including tickets and wristbands to Kids Zone, food and beverages.
Club Lake Plantation: Fall Festival
Now – October 27, 10am – 6pm (closed on Mondays)
3403 Rock Springs Road Apopka, Florida 32712
Pumpkin patch, playground zone, hayrides, and corn maze.
- FREE for entry into the country store and pumpkin patch.
- Cost to enter the area with activities: weekdays $7.95, weekends $14.95.
Every fall, this destination dreams up a new corn maze adventure for guests to conquer.
There are plenty of other attractions at the farm including a maze just for kids, huge tunnel slide, fort playground, jumping pillow, kids’ zip line, hayrides, tree maze, mist maze for the little ones and food vendors.
Before you leave, stop at the Country Market to pick out a pumpkin, buy fresh produce and eat lunch at the cafe.
- $12 general admission ages 4 and up
- Hayrides $2; fishing for kids only $2
FREE entry, parking, hayrides, tractor train rides, yard games, live music and visits to the pumpkin patch. There will also be food trucks, a food liquor bar and s’mores packages in the evening. Check out their Facebook page for more the details.
- Scavenger Hunt Maze that’s appropriate for families: $7 for adults and $5 for kids (3 and under free).
- Haunted Halloween Maze for the more adventurous crowd. During the evening, the maze transforms into a haunted trail $10 each (not appropriate for children under 8).
- Dark Forest Trail of Terror where the creatures of the forest come to life. Opens Oct. 4, Friday and Saturday nights (sells out every night, so get tickets early).
- Buy tickets in advance to save $2 on admission.
Fall Festival activities include, hayrides, pumpkin patch, fishing, horseback riding, and plenty of farm-style fun for the kids.
- $16.95 for 3 and up.
- Special discount days:
- Oct 12 & 13: free for military and first responders
- Oct. 19 & 20: free for nurses
- Oct. 26 & 27: free for teachers
This 32-acre farm is a local gem with fresh produce harvested daily and sold at their stand — now that’s a real farm-to-table experience!
You can pick pumpkins straight from the vine, take pictures in their sunflower field, and purchase corn stalks, sweet corn, fresh produce and canned goods.
They host special events throughout the year including pumpkin and strawberry picking, sunflower field craft classes and the Christmas at the Farm Holiday Market + Pop Up Shop on Nov. 9.
- $5 admission. 3 and under are FREE.
- Pick your own pumpkins range from $1 to $5 based on size.
FREE admission and parking. Check out their first annual pumpkin patch! Featuring pick your own pumpkins, petting zoo, photo opportunities, country store, monster truck rides, free wine and beer tasting and festive activities.
WORTH THE DRIVE FROM ORLANDO
This place is the REAL deal! Explore the patch to find your perfect pumpkin, and then cut it straight off the vine. It’s located approximately 1.5 hours from Orlando. Visit Rainbow Springs on your way home.
- $5 entrance fee per person. 3 and under free.
- Corn maze, hayrides, kids’ hay fort with slides, and live blue grass music.
- Pumpkins range from $4 – $30 and you-pick sunflowers are $2 per flower.