Travel to Orlando for FREE with these virtual attractions, rides and experiences. We have put together a list of 30+ free thrills including 360-degree online experiences, Facebook Live broadcasts, and virtual rides.
From the comfort of your own home, you can soar down a 200-ft. roller coaster drop, watch fireworks over the famous Cinderella Castle, zip-line over alligators and even learn from experts how to draw Mickey Mouse.
Here’s our list of 30+ FREE virtual things to do in Orlando.
To keep up with latest news on deals and discounts in Central Florida, sign up for the Orlando on the Cheap newsletter, follow on Facebook or on Instagram.
You might also be interested in:
Where to walk in Orlando
Tons of free online resources at the library
Free virtual rides at Walt Disney World Resort
30+ FREE THINGS TO DO IN ORLANDO ONLINE
ORLANDO VIRTUAL TOUR
- The Orlando Virtual Tour from Visit Orlando takes you into 85 experiences throughout Orlando, from theme parks and hotels to dining and shopping hot spots, with a 360-degree perspective.
WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT
- Ride 10 free Disney virtual rides.
- Watch a sneak peek of new rides, enjoy character meet-and-greets and more on the Disney Parks YouTube channel.
- Virtually stand in front of Cinderella’s Castle.
- From Disney Imagineers, learn real-world case studies and even design a theme park experience through interactive activities and lessons in theme park design and engineering.
- Learn to draw Mickey Mouse from the experts with how-to tutorials on the Disney Parks YouTube channel.
- Snuggle up for free story time with Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf. Every evening, he will stream a new story on Twitter for you and your family to enjoy.
- Whip up some of your favorite park treats at home. Make Disney Park Churro Bites or blend up your own cool Dole Whip using one big scoop of vanilla ice cream, four ounces of pineapple juice and two cups of frozen pineapple.
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT
- Get in the middle of the action by exploring your favorite Universal rides virtually.
- Experience the parks with 360-degree videos of some of the most popular roller coasters, explore holiday events and visit Universal CityWalk on the Universal Orlando Resort’s YouTube channel.
- Harry Potter at Home brings Hogwarts to you. The online hub features magical craft videos, puzzles, fun articles and quizzes.
LEGOLAND FLORIDA RESORT
- Explore the LEGOLAND Florida Resort Castle virtually through the twists and turns of The Dragon, an indoor/outdoor steel roller coaster.
- Float down the river with gushing geysers at Aquatica’s Roa’s Rapids at the Aquatica Orlando water park.
- Explore a penguin colony at SeaWorld’s Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin.
- Ride the Mako roller coaster, Orlando’s tallest and fastest roller coaster.
- Fly over alligators on the Screamin’ Gator Zipline.
- Gatorland’s School of Croc showcases animals and adventures every day at 10am on Facebook Live.
- In the afternoon, Gatorland’s YouTube channel shares live-action encounters with animals including Burmese pythons, crocodiles, alligators and monitor lizards.
CENTRAL FLORIDA ZOO
- Peak into animal habitats at the Central Florida Zoo through a new daily video series, The Zoo to You, on Facebook Live.
- For more animal encounters, check out this post on cute animal webcams you can’t stop watching.
- Stay creative and active with Crayola Experience at-home activities. Download free step-by-step crafting instructions, coloring pages, games, apps, and colorful science experiments using household items.
- The attraction is also hosting regularly scheduled Live events and demos on the Crayola Experience Facebook page.
- Suit up to go skydiving at iFLY Orlando in their indoor, vertical wind tunnel.
ANDRETTI INDOOR KARTING & GAMES
- Get in the driver’s seat for a virtual race through Andretti Indoor Karting & Games’ indoor track.
KENNEDY SPACE CENTER
- Learn about living in space, Mars and rockets and tour Space Shuttle Atlantis during a new series by Kennedy Space Center on Facebook Live.
BOK TOWER GARDENS
- Bok Tower Gardens is hosting daily Facebook Live sessions including garden tours and live streaming carillon concerts by Geert D’hollander in the tower.
- There’s so much more to libraries than physically checking out books. Your local library is chock full of FREE online resources including ebooks, audiobooks, live online classes, streaming TV and movies, music downloads, digital magazines and more.
YMCA OF CENTRAL FLORIDA
- The YMCA of Central Florida is posting FREE exercise classes every day on Facebook Live.
ORLANDO SCIENCE CENTER
- OSC has created a hub of At Home resources including activities you can try at home, educational resources and videos.
- They are also posting fun and engaging videos on Facebook LIVE throughout the week.
- Stream educational IMAX films typically shown at Orlando Science Center. Enjoy MacGillivray Freeman IMAX films normally playing in the Dr. Phillips CineDome now available for streaming. The educational films available include America’s Musical Journey on YouTube, and Dream Big, Humpback Whale and National Parks Adventure on Vimeo on Demand.
ORLANDO MUSEUM OF ART
- The museum has curated a toolkit to keep you connected to the arts. Experience the #MuseumFromHome with creative activities, videos on Facebook and Instagram, and free online art resources.
ORANGE COUNTY REGIONAL HISTORY CENTER
- Stay connected with the History Center at home through online learning resources and activities for your family.
ALBIN POLASEK MUSEUM & SCULPTURE GARDENS
- Explore the winding canals of Winter Park through the beautiful artwork of Venetian Canals: The Art of Don Sondag.
- Enjoy artwork from all the Winter Park Paint Out artists. The beautiful paintings, inspired by the local landscapes and waterways, have been posted online.
ORLANDO SHAKESPEARE THEATER (ORLANDO SHAKES)
- Available on Facebook, Orlando Shakespeare Theater’s “Throwback Thursday” video series features actors performing their roles from past seasons. The theater’s other Facebook videos include sneak peeks of upcoming productions, as well as cast and creative team spotlights.
ORLANDO PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA
- Enjoy some of Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra’s most talented members in a new video series, “Sound Bites,” available from their website.
BACH FESTIVAL SOCIETY
- Listen to the “Musical Moments” series on the Bach Festival Society’s website. Selected by Artistic Director & Conductor Dr. John V. Sinclair, the compositions include a mix of classics and newer pieces designed to keep your spirits up.
THE ESCAPE GAME (TEG) ORLANDO
- This escape-room attraction is hosting TEG Field Trips, which invite students to take engaging journeys through famous museums, visiting historic landmarks and even traveling through time to witness watershed events. Similar to escape rooms, students progress by discovering clues and solving puzzles, using critical thinking and deductive-reasoning skills.
THE CHARLES HOSMER MORSE MUSEUM OF AMERICAN ART
- Get an inside look into the museum’s exhibits on their Facebook page.
- Learn the history behind the museum through two films available for streaming: A Legacy for the Community and The Tiffany Chapel: A Masterpiece Rediscovered.
- Watch films from the comfort of your home with Enzian On Demand. The cost for the film ($12 regular ticket price) will grant you access to the film and help support Enzian.
- Get a daily movie recommendation and insider info on the film from a cinematic expert on the Enzian Theater’s Facebook page.
SAK COMEDY LAB
- Located in downtown Orlando, SAK Comedy Lab is checking in nightly on its Facebook page. Log on at 7pm to see a new video starring one of the theater’s hilarious improv comedians.
CIRQUE DU SOLEIL
- Escape from the ordinary with special Cirque Du Soleil performances posted online free of charge.
More free & cheap things to do in Orlando
Best free & cheap outdoor adventures in Orlando
Free virtual rides at Universal Orlando Resort