Celebrating its 16th season in Orlando, ICE! is returning to Gaylord Palms for another year of frozen fun, Nov. 16, 2018 – Jan. 6, 2019. The annual holiday attraction features two million pounds of ice hand-carved into elaborate, interactive sculptures and slides.
Bundle up (hint: no flip flops) for this must-do chilly experience in Florida. You don’t have to be a guest of the resort to visit!
This year, ICE! has a new theme: the beloved classic holiday movie, A Christmas Story. Florida Residents can save $3 per ticket when purchased in advance online. Use promo code FLR18.
5 FREE THINGS TO DO AT GAYLORD PALMS
Though many of the incredible attractions require tickets, several are complimentary for those visiting the resort during the season:
1) CIRQUE DREAMS UNWRAPPED – “Holiday thrills” take on a whole new meaning during Cirque Dreams Unwrapped, a 25-minute, action-packed experience, featuring soaring acrobatics, theatricality and imagination that will have guests on the edge of their seats. Cirque Dreams Unwrapped features new acts and performers each year to bring to life a magical and timeless Christmas wonderland, all imagined by Broadway director and renowned Cirque Dreams founder Neil Goldberg.
2) DREAMS OF CHRISTMAS LIGHT SHOW – Gaylord Palms’ St. Augustine atrium will be home to a brand-new, dazzling light show when Dreams of Christmas makes its debut. This multi-sensory experience will feature a new musical score accompanied with millions of dancing, choreographed lights all around the resort’s six-story Christmas tree during nightly shows.
3) CHRISTMAS TREE TRAIL – Guests exploring the meandering paths inside the resort’s Everglades atrium will find the Christmas Tree Trail, a display of nine magnificent trees provided by Balsam Hill. Sparkle the Elf, Santa’s chief Christmas Tree Decorator, has personally prepared these for display at Gaylord Palms. From snowmen and candy canes to reindeer and nutcrackers, each tree represents one of Sparkle’s favorite things about Christmas, with one even honoring the Florida-themed resort!
4) REINDEER EXPRESS POST OFFICE – The immersive, interactive Reindeer Express Post Office returns this year, where everyone is invited to jot down their top Christmas wishes on a postcard before entering this special facility to launch their wishes off on a journey to Santa.
5) ACRES OF DÉCOR AND FUN SIGHTS TO SEE – All ages enjoy wandering the 4.5 acres of indoor gardens found inside Gaylord Palms Resort, but during the Christmas season, there is even more to discover with unique and fun photo opportunities that are totally Christmas card-worth! Guests can discover native Florida wildlife in each atrium locale that range from Florida’s most famous reptile, the American Alligator, to huge snapper and tarpon in the Key West lagoon.