Lake Mary, Florida was once thought of as a small suburb of Orlando, but the city has made its own mark in Central Florida. The growing appeal of the area has spurred new development, including recent news that a Top Golf is interested in building a location off I-4.
Local residents have always known the appeal of living in Lake Mary. It has everything you need within a short distance, not to mention, easy access to the big city and just a short drive from some of the best beaches. Here are reasons you should check out Lake Mary during your next inexpensive adventure near Orlando.
LAKE MARY CITY EVENTS
Lake Mary Farmers Market
Every Saturday, 9am – 1:30pm in Central Park
A community staple since 2007, the Lake Mary Farmers Market features a wide variety of local produce, plant,
craft, and food vendors.
First Wednesday of each month, 5pm – 8pm
Monthly event that brings a local art stroll, beer and wine garden, Food Truck Bazaar, and entertainment to
downtown Lake Mary. The event is held on the first Wednesday of every month in Central Park at Lake Mary City Hall. Entertainment includes various live bands or movies in the park.
National Night Out
October 1, 2019
Join the Lake Mary Police Department and Orlando Health for the annual National Night Out event featuring K-9 and police demonstrations, bounce houses, face painting, raffles, games and activities for the kids, food trucks, vendors and more.
October 26, 2019, 4pm – 8:30pm
An event that brings safe trick-or-treating into Central Park at Lake Mary City Hall. The event features DJ entertainment, bounce houses, a gaming trailer, face painting, a balloon artist and a movie in the park.
Holiday in the Park
Friday, December 6, 2019, 6pm – 8pm
The event features the lighting of a live 32-foot holiday tree, dancing light shows, a visit from Santa & Mrs. Clause, and much more. Visit City Hall throughout the month of December to enjoy thousands of colorful lights synchronized to music.
Lake Mary Heathrow Festival of the Arts
March 7 & 8, 2020
An event filled with fine art and craft exhibits, the Lake Mary Heathrow Festival of the Arts is definitely not an event you want to miss. A wide arrangement of art and craft vendors, live entertainment, children’s activities, and delicious food options from food trucks brings in visitors from communities all across the Central Florida area.
Family Fun Day
April 4, 2020
Family Fun Day features an assortment of bounce house activities, public safety demonstrations, DJ entertainment, and vendors geared toward fun for the whole family.
Lake Mary Trailblazer 5K
Saturday, May 2, 2020
Youth $20 and adults $25
FREE & CHEAP THINGS TO DO IN LAKE MARY
- Ride or walk the Seminole County Trails
- Buy local fare and veggies at the Lake Mary Farmers Market on Saturdays
- Enjoy an afternoon stroll through the downtown district where you can shop, dine and grab a coffee or freshly pressed juice
- Hit the driving range at the world class Timacuan Golf Course
- Wind down at WineART on the first Wednesday of every month
- Hop aboard the Sun Rail to explore Sanford, Winter Park and downtown Orlando
- Cool off the Trailblazer Park Splash Pad
- Test your skills at the Lake Mary Skate Park
- Take a photo at the Lake Mary mural wall
- Attend one of the popular seasonal events like Family Fun Day, Halloween Spooktacular, Holiday in the Park and Lake Mary Heathrow Festival of the Arts
- Picnic under the beautiful oak tree at the wine & beer garden next to City Hall
- Learn about the history of the area with free admission to the Lake Mary Museum
- From Lake Mary, you are just a short drive to the Wekiva River and local springs
Thanks to Bryan Nipe, Lake Mary Parks and Recreation Director, for contributing to this article. To see more photos of downtown Lake Mary, visit Instagram @downtownlakemary.
Lake Mary ,FL32746
Lake Mary ,FL32746