Seeing row after row of blooming sunflowers is not something you’d expect in Central Florida..but beyond the beaten path of Orlando, there are thriving family farms that harvest and grow a variety of crops — including instagram-worthy sunflower fields.
Sunflower season in Orlando happens twice a year at Florida farms, usually during fall and spring (mother nature willing). When the colorful yellow flower opens and blooms, farmers delight locals with sunflower picking and stunning photo opportunities. Get your camera ready for these sunflower fields near Orlando.
Sunflower picking tips:
- Most farms communicate the status of their crops through Facebook. Check each farm’s Facebook page to for sunflower availability, hours of operation and any cost for entry.
- Dress comfortably and sensibly (you are visiting a real, working farm) wear closed toe shoes, hats and sunscreen.
- Be aware that there may be insects at these farms, so if members of your family are allergic to insects such as bees, take precautions.
SUNFLOWER FIELDS NEAR ORLANDO
Here’s a list of all the farms we know of within an hour or so of Orlando that grow sunflowers for public enjoyment and picking.
Keep in mind, a successful sunflower season depends on a variety of environmental factors, so check with the farm before visiting. Is there a spot we should add to this list? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLERMONT SUNFLOWER FIELD
Sunflowers: spring and fall
Now through Nov. 3 on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday
For a genuine Florida farm experience, travel through rolling hills of Clermont and down a clay road to reach Southern Hill. This place is definitely worth the drive!
Please note: due to high demand this fall, you-pick sunflowers has ended for the season as of Oct. 23, but you can still experience a sunflower maze and you-pick zinnia flowers.
The Fall Festival is one of our favorites! Enjoy fresh apple cider donuts, food trucks, craft beer, live music, u-pick sunflowers and zinnias, activities for the kids and adults, pumpkins for sale, and more.
- Cost is $20 per vehicle during the weekend (must be purchased in advance) or $10 for Wednesdays. You must pick your arrival time and purchase tickets in well advance (not on your drive to the farm).
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable to another date and time. Your vehicle admission pass is your only entrance fee.
- Additional items can be purchased on the farm including tickets and wristbands to Kids Zone, food and beverages.
UMATILLA SUNFLOWER FIELD
Sunflower you-pick: October, November & May
The Grahams know what they are doing when it comes to farming Central Florida — they have been working the land in Umatilla for five generations, since 1918!
The family farm offers a variety of u-pick crops throughout the year including sunflowers, citrus, peaches and a pumpkin patch.
- Check the farm’s Facebook page for sunflower picking times.
- Pick up the phone and give them a call if you’d like to stop by during the week.
SAINT CLOUD SUNFLOWERS
Sunflower field: spring and fall
This 32-acre farm is a local gem with fresh produce harvested daily and sold at their stand — now that’s a real farm-to-table experience!
They host special events throughout the year including pumpkin and strawberry picking, craft classes and the Christmas at the Farm Holiday Market + Pop Up Shop on Nov. 9.
- Open every day through November, 10am – 6pm
- $5 admission to the sunflower field (no picking). 3 and under are FREE
- Sunflowers are seasonal so check Mick Farms Facebook page for field and bloom status before you go
DUNNELON SUNFLOWER FIELD
Sunflower picking: September and October
Now through Oct. 27
- Open on the weekends through Oct. 27
- $5 entrance fee per person. 3 and under free
- Sunflowers are $2 per flower or $3 for 5. Pumpkins range from $4 – $30
- More farm activities included in your admission: corn maze, hayrides, kids’ hay fort with slides, and live blue grass music
MIMS SUNFLOWER FIELD
Sunflower status: blooms should be ready in November 2019. Check the farm’s Facebook page to stay updated.
ASTATULA SUNFLOWER FIELD
Sunflower status: the farm planted a new crop and will update when it’s ready on their Facebook page.