Seeing row after row of blooming sunflowers is not something you’d expect in Central Florida..but beyond the beaten path of Orlando, there are thriving family farms that harvest and grow a variety of crops — including beautiful sunflower fields.
Sunflower season in Orlando happens twice a year at Florida farms, usually during fall and spring (mother nature willing). When the colorful yellow flower opens and blooms, farmers delight locals with sunflower pickup, sunflower you-pick and stunning photo opportunities. Hop in your car to find these sunflower fields near Orlando.
Sunflower picking tips:
- Most farms communicate the status of their crops through Facebook. Check each farm’s Facebook page to for sunflower availability, hours of operation and any cost for entry.
- Not all of the farms listed here have sunflowers in bloom right now — that all depends on soil, mother nature and little bit of farmer’s luck. But all of the farms listed grow (or have grown) sunflowers in Central Florida.
- Dress comfortably and sensibly (you are visiting a real, working farm) wear closed toe shoes, hats and sunscreen.
- Be aware that there may be insects at these farms, so if members of your family are allergic to insects such as bees, take precautions.
SUNFLOWER FIELDS NEAR ORLANDO
Here’s a list of all the farms we know of within an hour or so of Orlando that grow sunflowers for public enjoyment and/or picking.
Keep in mind, a successful sunflower season depends on a variety of environmental factors, so check with the farm before visiting. Is there a spot we should add to this list? Let us know at email@example.com.
CLERMONT SUNFLOWER FIELD
For a genuine Florida farm experience, travel through rolling hills of Clermont and down a clay road to reach Southern Hill. This place is definitely worth the drive!
- Sunflower season: late March, April, May and October.
- Order sunflowers, blueberries, food and more in advance and online. Drive through to pick up. Please keep in mind you cannot get out of your car while visiting this farm.
- Check the farm’s Facebook page for announcements.
UMATILLA SUNFLOWER FIELD
The Grahams know what they are doing when it comes to farming Central Florida — they have been working the land in Umatilla for five generations, since 1918!
The family farm offers a variety of u-pick crops throughout the year including sunflowers, citrus, peaches and a pumpkin patch.
- Check the farm’s Facebook page for sunflower picking times.
- Pick up the phone and give them a call if you’d like to stop by during the week.
ASTATULA SUNFLOWER FIELD
- Check their Facebook page for updates.
MIMS SUNFLOWER FIELD
- Entry is $5 per person.
- Pick your own sunflowers and bring your own shears.
- Cash only.
DUNNELON SUNFLOWER FIELD
SAINT CLOUD SUNFLOWERS
This 32-acre farm is a local gem with fresh produce harvested daily and sold at their stand — now that’s a real farm-to-table experience! Sunflowers aren’t always blooming there, so you’ll have to check their Facebook page to see what’s in season.
MORE FREE & CHEAP THINGS TO DO NEAR ORLANDO:
- Free things to do at Disney World (from home)
- 30+ FREE virtual things to do in Orlando
- Family meal deal bundles at Orlando restaurants
- Where to walk in Orlando