Orlando has many local, family-owned farms that could always use the community’s support and business. Visiting an open-air, working farm is the perfect alternative to standing in lines at the grocery store.
Florida farms are offering a variety of ways for people to enjoy their freshly harvested crop. Some farms are allowing limited time you-pick while others are offering online orders and curbside pickup.
FAMILY FARMS NEAR ORLANDO
One of the most popular crops in the area is blueberries. But you can also find farmers growing strawberries, peaches, figs, grapes and even watermelon depending upon the season.
- A working farm with a Farm Market where you can purchase fresh eggs, raw honey, meats, bread and vegetables. The market is open but only allowing 6 customers at a time in the store.
- The farm sells fresh vegetables at its produce stand. Open Thursday – Saturday, 9am – 2pm.
Southern Hills Farms
16651 Schofield Road, Clermont
- The farm is open for online orders and curbside pickup, but you-pick is closed for now. You can order fresh blueberries, peaches, sunflowers, blueberry donuts and more.
- This 32-acre farm is a local gem with fresh produce harvested daily and sold at their stand — now that’s a real farm-to-table experience!
- The family-owned citrus business sells oranges, peaches, blueberries, honey, fresh squeezed juice and more.
- Curbside pickup for fresh blueberries.
- Organic vegetable subscription available to order online and pick up at the farm once a week.
- Blueberry picking: open 7 days a week, 9am to 5pm during season.
- Blueberry picking: Friday, Saturday & Sunday, 9am – 4pm.
- Blueberry picking: check Facebook page for hours of operation.
- Blueberries: Limited curbside pickup is available.
- Blueberries available for online purchase and curbside pickup. Go to www.kinggrove.com to place an order and see the current curbside pickup schedule.
- Blueberry picking: check Facebook page for more details on hours of operation. You will need to make a reservation online for a U-pick time, and it’s a $1 to hold your spot.
B & G Rucks Blueberries
1031 Oak Shore Drive, St. Cloud
- Blueberry picking: call 407-928-1261 to set up a time.
Here is a list of more farms in Florida that sell direct to consumers.