Autumn is coming — and so are the pumpkins. Even if the air isn’t crisp, it’s almost time to break out pumpkin everything! The fall season is one of the most exciting times of the year in Central Florida marked by pumpkin patches, corn mazes and farm fun near Orlando.
Fill your calendar with tons of fall activities and pumpkin photo ops every weekend at one of these destinations.
You might also want to check out:
- Things to do this weekend in Orlando
- Free & cheap Halloween events in Orlando
- Best free and cheap outdoor adventures in Orlando
Before you visit a pumpkin patch or corn maze:
- Make sure you know the rules for each destination.
- You may be required to buy tickets and make reservations in advance.
- Some locations will require you to wear a mask, keep your physical distance, etc.
- Farms usually update the status of their crops on Facebook, so check there before you go!
BEST PUMPKIN PATCHES & CORN MAZES
Here’s a list of all the farms we know of within an hour or so of Orlando where you can pick pumpkins, go on a hayride, pet farm animals, or find your way through a maze of corn.
Is there a spot we should add to this list? Let us know at email@example.com.
Travel through Lake County farm country to visit Santa’s Farm in Eustis. The pumpkin destination features tons of family-friendly activities including a patch, hayrides, mazes, photo ops, food and drinks for purchase, and an animal petting zoo with goats, pigs, chickens, rabbits and more.
- Purchase tickets online and in advance.
- General admission per person is between $8 and $17 depending on the day. Weekdays are $8.
- Capacity will be limited and reservations required.
- Masks required for everyone over 3 years of age.
- Pumpkins range in size and are $3 – $12.
- For an extra charge, you can add on additional activities like horse rides, mazes, duck races and a pillow bounce area.
For a genuine Florida farm experience, travel off the beaten path, down a long clay road and through rolling hills to reach Southern Hill in Clermont. It’s definitely worth the drive!
The family-owned and operated farm opens its doors for harvests and festivals throughout the year. The Fall Festival is one of our favorites!
Enjoy fresh apple cider donuts, craft beer, u-pick sunflowers and zinnias, free farm wagon rides, yard games, activities for the kids and adults, pumpkins for sale, and more. Live music and food trucks on the weekends only.
- Purchase tickets online and in advance. No tickets sold at the farm.
- Thursdays and Fridays, 9am – 4pm. $7.99 per person plus taxes and fees.
- Saturdays and Sundays, 11am – 7pm. $11.99 per person plus taxes and fees.
- 2 and under are free, but you need to reserve a Toddler ticket in advance.
- U-pick flowers: sunflowers are $2 each and zinnias are $1 each.
- Blueberry Express rides $5 (weekends only).
- Petting zoo (weekends only) is free, but it costs $2 (cash only) to feed the animals.
- Follow Southern Hill Farms on Facebook for the latest updates.
- Face masks required when standing in line or within 6 feet of other guests.
Every fall, this destination dreams up a new corn maze adventure for guests to conquer. And there are plenty of other attractions to fill your day at the farm including a maze just for kids, huge tunnel slide, fort playground, jumping pillow, kids’ zip line, hayrides, tree maze, mist maze for the little ones and food vendors.
Before you leave, stop at the Country Market to pick out a pumpkin, buy fresh produce and eat lunch at the cafe.
- $12 general admission ages 4 and up. Purchase tickets online and in advance.
- Hayrides $4; fishing for kids only $2.
- Open to general public on Saturdays & Sundays (Fridays starting after Thanksgiving).
FREE entry, parking, yard games, live music (on the weekends) and visits to the pumpkin patch. There will also be food trucks, a food liquor bar and s’mores packages in the evening. Check out their Facebook page for more the details.
- Fall Maze & Scavenger Hunt that’s appropriate for families $5 each (3 and under free).
- Haunted Halloween Maze for the more adventurous crowd. During the evening, the maze transforms into a haunted trail $10 each when purchased in advance.
- Dark Forest Trail available on weekends for $15 when purchased in advance.
- NEW this year: Catherine’s Escape Room. Book your group in advance.
- Check out Lake Catherine Farms Facebook page for the latest updates and announcements.
- FREE drive-thru pumpkin patch.
- Pumpkins are $1 per pound. NO CASH.
- Visit the pumpkin patch for $5 adults, $3 kids (under 3 free). Pre-sale tickets only.
- Corn maze is $15 for adults and $10 per child.
- On the weekends, they will have live entertainment, music, dancing, and food for purchase. $5 pony, hay and train rides.
This 32-acre farm is a local gem with fresh produce harvested daily and sold at their stand — now that’s a real farm-to-table experience!
You can pick pumpkins straight from the vine, and purchase fresh produce and canned goods.
- Tentative open date for the pumpkin patch is Oct. 12. Check Mick Farms Facebook for pumpkin harvest updates.
This big outdoor attraction is going all out this fall with tons of family-friendly activities. Pick out a pumpkin and pick citrus too!
- FREE admission and FREE parking.
- Outdoor games, farm animals, hayrides, gem mining, catch & release fishing (bring your own gear), arts & crafts.
- Food and drinks for purchase including fresh orange juice mimosas and their “World Famous Creamsicles.”
WORTH THE DRIVE FROM ORLANDO
This place is the REAL deal! Explore the patch to find your perfect pumpkin, and then cut it straight off the vine. Enjoy the corn maze, kids’ hay fort and slides, hay maze, picture ops, u-pick sunflowers and music.
The Pickin’ Patch is located approximately 1.5 hours from Orlando. Visit Rainbow Springs on your way home.
- $5 entrance fee per person. 3 and under free.
- Purchase pumpkin patch tickets online or at the farm.
- Online ticket can be used for any day during the season. You must bring your paper ticket with you.
- Pumpkin, gourd and sunflower prices range from $2-$30.
- Check out more details before you go.
MORE FREE & CHEAP THINGS TO DO
- Free & cheap Halloween events in Orlando
- Top 10 free things to do in Orlando
- Best free & cheap things to do in Orlando