Mother’s Day is May 14, 2017 and there are plenty of mamas who deserve an amazing day in Orlando. But a memorable day doesn’t have to be expensive. We all know it’s the thought that counts — so why not plan a unique and a cheap experience near Orlando? From a day at the park to an outdoor adventure, there are plenty of free and cheap things to do with mom during Mother’s Day in Orlando.
Free admission for Moms in Orlando:
- Bok Tower Gardens is celebrating moms with free admission on May 14. The tower will ring with appreciation during special Carillon concerts at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. The Plant Sale is also happening that day, so you can pick up something beautiful for mom.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens is offering free admission for moms on Mother’s Day, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Stroll through the lush botanical oasis and experience the rose garden in full bloom.
- The Orange County Regional History Center is celebrating with free admission to all moms on May 14, noon – 5 p.m.
- Orlando Eye is offering a BOGO deal May 13 & 14. Moms receive free admission with the purchase of one ticket.
Events happening Mother’s Day weekend in Orlando:
Thornton Park Wine & Art Walk
Thursday, May 11 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
$15 wristband (cash only)
Celebrate with an evening of food, wine, shopping and showcases by Orlando-based artists. With your wristband, you’ll receive a wine glass and a map of locations for a complimentary pour of wine.
Alive After 5
Thursday, May 11 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Alive After 5 is Central Florida’s largest recurring monthly street party with live music, local artists, food and beverage sampling in the beautiful historic town of Sanford.
Winter Park, Popcorn Flicks
Thursday, May 11 at 8 p.m.
Set up a picnic and comfy spot at Central Park in Downtown Winter Park for a film on the big screen. This month’s feature is “North by Northwest.”
Art & Music in the Park & Food Truck Bazaar
Friday, May 12 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Spend an evening at the beautiful Lake Concord Park in Casselberry enjoying live music, artisan booths and a variety of culinary flavors from 15 food trucks.
Altamonte Springs Cranes Roost Sunset Cinema
Saturday, May 13 at 8 p.m.
Bring your blankets and chairs to enjoy a movie on the lawn. This month’s feature is “The Angry Birds Movie.”
Music at the Casa
Sunday, May 14 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Casa Feliz in Winter Park opens its doors for live music and tours of the historic house and James Gamble Rogers II Studio. Bring along a picnic to enjoy in the beautiful flower gardens. Donations are accepted.
Mennello Museum Free Family Funday
Sunday, May 14
Visit with the family for a miniature fine art project and to tour the exhibits.
More ideas to celebrate Mom in Orlando:
- Let her relax with a free wine tasting and tour at Lakeridge Winery in Clermont or an inexpensive wine tasting at Quantum Leap Winery in Winter Park (tasting room hours Tuesday – Saturday from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Float through the canals and lush landscape of Winter Park’s waterways on a tranquil Scenic Boat Tour ($14 for adults) or rent one of the iconic swan paddle boats at Lake Eola ($15 per half hour).
- Take mom to lunch and shopping in Mount Dora. With quaint streets, boutiques, and small-town charm, Mount Dora is a beautiful spot to spoil her. She’d also love an afternoon in downtown Sanford, Winter Park or Winter Garden.
- Spend Mother’s Day at the Orlando Farmers Market at Lake Eola Park featuring fresh flowers, art, food and a beer and wine garden.
- Take a dip in the springs. Choose from one of the many cool and natural parks in Central Florida.
- Cornell Fine Arts Museum at Rollins College is always free!
Mother’s Day restaurant deals & more freebies:
- Duffy’s Sports Grill is giving mom a complimentary glass of wine with meal purchase. If you bring your mom on Sunday, you’ll receive a FREE $10 MVP bonus to your MVP account (for use on next visit).
- Baskin-Robbins: $3 off an ice cream cake ($15 or more purchase required) when you order online. Use the promo code MOTHER.
- Boston Market: $5 off any Family Meal purchase for four or more people. You’ll need this coupon.
- Fogo de Chao: Dine in on Mother’s Day and get a card for a FREE meal on Mom’s next visit.
- Shoney’s: FREE slice of strawberry pie with the purchase of an entree or buffet.
- Sonic: Half price shakes after 8 p.m.
- Starbucks: Half price Frappuccinos from 3 to 6 p.m.
- TCBY locations are giving moms up to 6 ounces of frozen yogurt for free on Mother’s Day. See store for details. Find your closest TCBY.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House: Moms who dine here on Saturday, May 13th, or Sunday, May 14th, get a $25 gift card to use at a future visit.
- Youfit Health Clubs are offering free “BYOM (Bring Your Own Mom)” Zumba classes for members and non-members, May 8-19. Check with your local Youfit Health Club to make sure they are participating.