Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 12, 2019 and there are plenty of mamas who deserve an amazing day in Orlando. But a memorable day doesn’t have to be expensive. We all know it’s the thought that counts — so why not plan a unique and a cheap experience near Orlando? From a day at the park to an outdoor adventure, there are plenty of free and cheap things to do with mom during Mother’s Day in Orlando.
Free admission for Moms on Mother’s Day in Orlando
- Bok Tower Gardens is celebrating moms with free admission on May 12 — and it’s definitely worth the drive. Soak in a tranquil afternoon with breathtaking views in the historic landscape garden. The Singing Tower will ring during carillon concerts at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens offers free admission for moms on Mother’s Day, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Stroll through the lush botanical oasis and experience the rose garden in full bloom. Regular admission: adults $10, kids $5.
- Albin Polasek Museum in Winter Park offers free admission for moms on Mother’s Day.
- Learn about history while celebrating Mother’s Day at the Orange County Regional History Center with free admission for all moms.
- The entire family can enjoy free admission to the Mennello Museum of American Art on Sunday during Free Family Funday.
- Cornell Fine Arts Museum at Rollins College is always free!
Events happening Mother’s Day weekend in Orlando
Alive After 5
Thursday, May 9, 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Free admission. Alive After 5 is Central Florida’s largest recurring monthly street party with live music, local artists, food and beverage sampling in the beautiful historic town of Sanford. This month’s theme is muy bueno: Sanford de Mayo.
Winter Park, Popcorn Flicks
Thursday, May 9 at 8 p.m.
Free. Set up a picnic and comfy spot at Central Park in Downtown Winter Park for a film on the big screen. This month’s feature is “Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.”
Free screening at History Center
Thursday, May 9, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
The History Center in downtown Orlando is opening its doors for a free screening of PBS document “Chasing the Moon” to celebrate the 50th anniversary of landing on the moon.
Art & Music in the Park & Food Truck Bazaar
Friday, May 10, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Free admission. Spend an evening at the beautiful Lake Concord Park in Casselberry enjoying live music, artisan booths and a variety of culinary flavors from local food trucks.
7th Annual NSB Blues Festival
May 10 – May 12
Flagler Ave, New Smyrna Beach
Free festival with 30 concerts held throughout the weekend.
Mom’s Night Out Event
Friday, May 11, 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Center Court Seminole Town Mall, Sanford
Free event. Enjoy a night out with fashion tips, product demos, makeup applications and fun with other moms. Kids can attend, there will be face painting and crafts.
Mother’s Day Paint Around
Saturday, May 11, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
The Women’s Club, Winter Haven
$15 per person. Registration required. Enjoy and afternoon of light refreshments and painting with mom!
Jazz on the Vineyard Green
May 11 & 12
Lakeridge Winery, Clermont
Adults $10, children 12 and under free. Enjoy talented jazz performers along with complimentary wine tours and tasting.
Blooming for Mothers
Saturday, May 11, 10 a.m. – noon
Ward Park, Winter Park
Free event. Bring children to enjoy a morning of decorating a flower pot for Momma.
College Park Main Street’s Spring Fest
Saturday, May 11, 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
College Park neighborhood
5 blocks of live music, food trucks, a beer garden, vendors and shop. $10 donation for entry.
Orlando Pottery Festival: Spring Festival & Arts Market
Saturday, May 11, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Florida Army National Guard Armory, Orlando
Free admission, free parking to shop ceramic art and pottery by 38 artists.
Ormond Beach Beer Festival
Saturday, May 11, 2 p.m. – 8 p.m.
The Casements, Ormond Beach
Free event with live music, kids’ zone and food vendors. $30 ($35 day of event) beer tasting tickets featuring 30 local breweries.
Saturday, May 11, 11 a.m. -1 p.m.
Museum of Seminole County History, Sanford
Free event to celebrate May with outdoor games, lemonade and tea. Bring your own picnic and chairs.
Lukas Nursery Mother’s Day Orchid Show
May 11 & 12, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Lukas Nursery, Oviedo
Free admission to Orchid Show to shop and learn more about the beautiful varieties of orchids. After the show, walk through the butterfly encounter, $6 each. Free for 3 and under.
Mother’s Day Celebration
Sunday, May 12, 1 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Orlando Brewing Co.
Moms drink free all day while listening to the tunes of Old Time Music Jam.
Mennello Museum Free Family Funday
Sunday, May 12
Free. Visit with the family to tour the exhibits and create a miniature fine art project. The exhibit halls are open until 4:30 p.m. for you to explore.
Music at the Casa
Sunday, May 12, 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Casa Feliz in Winter Park opens its doors for live music and tours of the historic house and James Gamble Rogers II Studio. Bring along a picnic to enjoy in the beautiful flower gardens. A donation of $5 is suggested.
More ideas to celebrate Mom in Orlando:
- Let her relax with a free wine tasting and tour at Lakeridge Winery in Clermont or an inexpensive wine tasting at Quantum Leap Winery in Winter Park (tasting room hours Tuesday – Friday, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday, 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.)
- Float through the canals and lush landscape of Winter Park’s waterways on a tranquil Scenic Boat Tour ($14 for adults, $7 for kids) or rent one of the iconic swan paddle boats at Lake Eola ($15 per half hour).
- Blueberries are ripe for the picking in Central Florida. Harvest your own at Southern Hill Farms in Clermont or find another blueberry U-pick farm near you.
- Take her to lunch and shopping in Mount Dora. With quaint streets, boutiques, and small-town charm, Mount Dora is a beautiful spot to spoil her. More downtowns to explore: Sanford, Winter Park or Winter Garden.
- Spend Mother’s Day at the Orlando Farmers Market at Lake Eola Park featuring fresh flowers, art, food and a beer and wine garden.
- Take a dip in the springs. Choose from one of the many cool and natural parks in Central Florida. At De Leon Springs, you can visit in the morning to cook your own pancakes at the Sugar Mill Restaurant, and then stay for the day to take a dip in the swimming area or rent canoes. Kelly Park/Rock Springs Run is favorite park for tubing featuring a free-flowing natural spring and a clear, swift creek.
- If mom loves the outdoors, check out our list of the best free and cheap outdoor adventures in Orlando.
- You can always find the Editor of Orlando at the Cheap with her toes in the water to celebrate Mother’s Day. Visit one of the top 5 beaches closest to Orlando.
To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts and free events in Central Florida, sign up for the Orlando on the Cheap newsletter.