Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 9, 2021 and there are plenty of mamas who deserve an amazing day in Orlando. But a memorable day doesn’t have to be expensive. We all know it’s the thought that counts — so why not plan a unique and a cheap experience near Orlando?
From a day at the park to an outdoor adventure, there are plenty of free and cheap things to do with mom during Mother’s Day in Orlando. Here’s our guide to celebrate Mother’s Day 2021 in Orlando.
You might also be interested in:
- Things to do this weekend in Orlando
- Romantic dates in Orlando under $30
- Cheap things to do with kids in Orlando
- Bottomless mimosas & brunch in Orlando
- Pick your own blueberries near Orlando
- Orlando Happy Hour Specials
- Best free and cheap outdoor adventures in Orlando
- Best Groupon deals for things to do in Orlando
MOTHER’S DAY 2021 IN ORLANDO
FREE admission for Moms in Orlando:
- Harry P. Leu Gardens offers free admission for moms on Mother’s Day, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Stroll through the lush botanical oasis and experience the rose garden in full bloom. Regular admission: adults $10, kids $5.
- Albin Polasek Museum in Winter Park offers free admission for moms on Mother’s Day.
- Orange County Regional History Center also offers free entry for Moms on Sunday, May 9.
- Mennello Museum of American Art opens its doors on the second Sunday of each month for FREE Family Fun Day. Free admission for everyone, all day.
- Cornell Fine Arts Museum at Rollins College is always free!
- WonderWorks: Moms get free admission at this indoor attraction. WonderWorks is easy to find thanks to its iconic upside-down building.
You might also be interested in: free museum days in Orlando.
- Bok Tower Gardens is celebrating moms with free admission on May 9 — and it’s definitely worth the drive. Soak in a tranquil afternoon with breathtaking views in the historic landscape garden. The Singing Tower will ring during carillon concerts at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
Events happening Mother’s Day weekend in Orlando:
Weekends at the Winery
May 8 & 9
Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards, Clermont
FREE admission. Wine tasting, food vendors, live music and more. Bring your own chairs.
Saturday Sounds Concert Series in Apopka
Every Saturday through May 29, 2021, 5pm – 7pm
FREE outdoor concert. Bring your own chairs and picnic basket.
Blooming for Mother’s Day
Saturday, May 8 at 10am
Ward Park, Winter Park
FREE to paint a flower pot for Mom. Registration required.
Yoga in the Garden
Every Saturday at 9am
Mead Botanical Garden, Winter Park
$10 per person. Bring your own mat and water.
Scott’s Spring Fling
Saturday, May 8, 10am-4pm
Scott’s Maze Adventures, Mount Dora
Tickets $5, kids 3 and under free. U-pick Sunflowers, live music, jump pillow and more!
Graham Farms 3rd Annual Peach Palooza
Saturday, May 8, 9am-2pm
Graham’s U-pick Farm, Umatilla
FREE admission. Food trucks, u-pick peaches, special gifts for mom and more.
Jazz Brunch: Miles & More
Sunday, May 9 at 1pm
Dr. Phillips Center Frontyard Festival
Yoga in the Sculpture Garden
Sunday, May 9, 9am-10am
Mennello Museum of American Art, Orlando
Admission $10 for non-members, $5 for members.
Winter Park Farmers’ Market
Saturdays from 8am to 1pm
Central Park, Winter Park
THINGS TO DO ON MOTHER’S DAY IN ORLANDO
- Float through the canals and lush landscape of Winter Park’s waterways on a tranquil Scenic Boat Tour ($14 for adults, $7 for kids) or rent one of the iconic swan paddle boats at Lake Eola ($15 per half hour).
- Pick your own blueberries, peaches, sunflowers and Zinnias at Southern Hill Farms in Clermont. Read this post for more U-pick farms near Orlando.
- Take mom to lunch and shopping in Mount Dora. With quaint streets, boutiques, and small-town charm, Mount Dora is a beautiful spot to spoil her. Or you could plan afternoon exploring downtown Sanford, Winter Park or Winter Garden.
- Spend Mother’s Day at the Orlando Farmers Market at Lake Eola Park featuring fresh flowers, art, food and a beer and wine garden.
- Let her relax with a free wine tasting and tour at Lakeridge Winery in Clermont or an inexpensive wine tasting at Quantum Leap Winery in Winter Park.
- Take a dip in the springs. Choose from one of many cool and natural parks in Central Florida.
- Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream is an Orlando original! What started out as a family food truck at farmers’ markets has grown into a local, sweet sensation with three ice cream shop locations. Kelly’s sells a variety of sorbets and handmade ice creams with unique flavors changing seasonally.
Picnic at a local garden or park.
Here are some of our favorite FREE places to picnic:
- Winter Park: Kraft Azalea Gardens, Central Park, Mead Gardens
- Downtown Orlando: Lake Eola, Harry P. Leu Gardens (free for mom’s on Mother’s Day and free admission for everyone on May 3)
Go for a beautiful stroll.
There is nothing more relaxing than a scenic walk. Orlando has plenty of nice paths to stroll at local parks, county trails and picturesque gardens.
Drive to the movies.
Watching a movie at an open-air cinema is a safe and affordable way for your family to enjoy a fun night out. We’ve found a couple Drive-in movie theaters near Orlando for you to check out.
Watch a film at Enzian Theater.
This alternative cinema offers independent, foreign and classic films and has arguably one of the prettiest outdoor bars in Orlando, Enzian’s Eden Bar. It also hosts the monthly free outdoor movie series, Popcorn Flicks in the Park, in Central Park.
Take an airboat ride.
Black Hammock Air Boat Rides is offering private airboat tours. Enjoy the fresh air and meet a few alligators along the way. $29.95 for adults, $24.95 for kids. You can find a deal on Groupon too.
Meet wild animals.
Wild Florida’s Drive-Thru Safari Park is a self-guided journey to get up close and personal with hundreds of wild animals.
Explore Central Florida’s waterways.
Rent a kayak or canoe and launch at King’s Landing in Apopka.
Visit a sunflower field.
Seeing row after row of blooming sunflowers is not something you’d expect in Central Florida..but beyond the beaten path of Orlando, there are thriving family farms that harvest and grow a variety of crops — including beautiful sunflower fields.
Take virtual cooking lessons from Orlando’s Top Chefs.
Make a culinary masterpiece by learning to cook with some of Orlando’s celebrity chefs, including José Andrés of Jaleo, Masaharu Morimoto of Morimoto Asia, Art Smith of Homecomin’ Florida Kitchen, Rick Bayless of Frontera Cocina, and others.
Go to the beach.
Check out the top 5 beaches close to Orlando.
Give a thoughtful gift while supporting local businesses.
Now more than ever, our local speciality shops need your support. Keep in mind you might need to order in advance and pick up before Mother’s Day.
- Marshmallows and ice cream from Wondermade
- Giant cookies from Gideon’s at East End Market
- Barbecue sauces and rubs from 4 Rivers Smokehouse
- Spirits from Winter Park Distilling
- Gifts and stationery from Paper Goat Post
- Gift sets from Rifle Paper Co.
- Fresh sunflowers and produce from Southern Hill Farms
- Organic honey from Winter Park Honey
- Wine from Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards
- Corkcicle — the innovative, insulated drinkware — is made right here in Orlando. Get their creations shipped straight to Mom!
- Amazon sells cookbooks authored by some of Orlando’s homegrown James Beard honorees:
Enjoy discounted experiences together.
Groupon deals in Orlando:
- Z Massage Spa Orlando
- The Wine Room on Park Avenue
- Fluid art class at Abstract Orlando
- Horseback trail ride
- Glass blowing workshop
- Dance classes
- The Wheel at ICON Park
- Swan rental at Lake Eola
- Airboat Tour with Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures
- Aquatica Orlando discounted admission
- SeaWorld Orlando discounted tickets
Take mom to brunch.
We’ve curated a list of the best bottomless mimosas and brunch spots in Orlando. Here are more restaurants to consider for a Mother’s Day brunch:
deep blu Seafood Grille & Sushi
From 5:30 – 10 p.m., this acclaimed eatery at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek will complement their regular menu with a Mother’s Day special of Ora King Salmon served with sweet pea risotto, heirloom tomatoes, Meyer lemon beurre blanc and herb oil. Pricing: $38 per person (Ora King Salmon).
Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse
Located on International Drive, this legendary steakhouse will have three Mother’s Day features on May 9, including 8 oz. Filet Mignon with your choice of king crab truffle butter or lobster truffle butter, plus Chocolate Butter Cake and a Ciao Bella Sangria.
JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa
This new resort’s Unreserved Food Bazaar will serve Mother’s Day Brunch from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., featuring live music paired with special dishes inspired by childhood memories and family recipes from all of the resort’s chefs. Reservations are required. Pricing: $65 adults, $35 children 4-12 (free under 4).
Orlando Cat Cafe
Treat Mom to a purr-fect Mother’s Day High Tea at this unique cafe in Clermont near Walt Disney World! Seatings are available at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., and you can choose to enjoy your tea in the Cat Play Room, onsite Minch Coffee Shop, or even outside (weather permitting). The two-hour experience includes soft music, purring cats if you choose the Cat Play Room, your choice of three flavors of scones, and any of the venue’s distinctive tea choices. Seating will be limited due to COVID restrictions. Pricing: $35 per person.
Available from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. and truly fit for a queen, this resort’s Mother’s Day Buffet will include standouts such as shrimp and oysters on the half shell, made-to-order omelets, elegant carving stations, special selections for children, and an extensive dessert bar, plus complimentary wine or champagne for Mom. Pricing: $41.95 adults, $18.95 children 4-12 (free under 4).
Rosen Shingle Creek
From 11 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., treat Mom to a tantalizing Mother’s Day Brunch at this resort’s Cafe Osceola. Starting with unlimited champagne and mimosas for adults 21 and up, the spread will include extravagant dishes like Sous Vide Duck Confit, savory classics like Pepper Herb Crusted Prime Rib, fresh seafood, market salads, made-to-order omelets and pastas, decadent desserts, and more. Complimentary self-parking is included. Pricing: $64.95 adults, $25.95 children 4-11 (free under 4); 25% discount for Florida residents.
Tapa Toro Tapas Bar & Paella Pit
Located at ICON Park®, this restaurant will have a dine-in Mother’s Day Brunch from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. and a-la-carte dining from 4 p.m. – 10 p.m., with flamenco performances at 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. Tapa Toro is also offering Brunch Boards to go, including a Waffle Board ($69), a Bagel Board ($69) and DIY Mimosas ($15), each of which serves four to six people and can be picked up from 4-7 p.m. on May 8 and 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. on May 9.
MORE FREE & CHEAP THINGS TO DO IN ORLANDO
- Cheap things to do with kids in Orlando
- Orlando attractions under $30
- Pick your own blueberries in Orlando
- Top 5 beaches closest to Orlando
- Where to go ice skating in Orlando
- Best free and cheap outdoor adventures in Orlando
- Drive-In movie theaters near Orlando
For more Orlando discounts:
Stay connected with Orlando on the Cheap (for FREE)!
List your events & business with us (for FREE)!