While you can’t visit the theme parks in Orlando — Disney is bringing the magic to you. Disney Parks has developed a variety of tools for you to create #DisneyMagicMoments at home.
We curated this list of our favorite FREE things to do at Disney World (from home). You can go for a virtual ride on some of your favorite attractions, watch a parade, learn to draw characters, try Disney recipes and more.
Let us know what you think, and if we should add anything to the list: email@example.com. To keep up with latest news on deals and discounts in Central Florida, sign up for the Orlando on the Cheap newsletter, follow on Facebook or on Instagram.
You might also be interested in:
- 30+ FREE virtual things to do in Orlando
- Family meal deal bundles at Orlando restaurants
- Orlando farms selling direct to locals
- Where to walk in Orlando
FREE THINGS TO DO AT DISNEY (FROM HOME)
VIRTUAL RIDES & EXPERIENCES
- Pretend you are in the middle of the action on these free virtual Disney rides that take you through all the dips, turns and fun at Walt Disney World, Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Go on a virtual walkthrough of Magic Kingdom.
WAVE AS A PARADE ROLLS BY
- Magic Happens Parade at Disneyland Resort in California.
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade at Magic Kingdom.
WATCH FIREWORKS SHOWS
- See the Happily Ever After Fireworks burst over Cinderella’s Castle at Walt Disney World Resort.
SING, DANCE & MOVE
- Sing along while watching Disney on Broadway 25th Anniversary Concert.
- Take a Disney-themed yoga class on Cosmic Kids Yoga YouTube channel. Options include Frozen, Moana, Star Wars and more.
- Shake your hips and learn how to hula from Disney cast members in Hawaii.
- Listen as The Dapper Dans share a touch of Disney musical magic from their homes.
- Watch the Disney Family Sing Along on ABC (sign in with your TV provider to watch).
MAKE YOUR OWN DELICIOUS DISNEY RECIPES
- Blend a cool and sweet Dole Whip using one big scoop of vanilla ice cream, four ounces of pineapple juice and two cups of frozen pineapple.
- Cook a comforting grilled cheese sandwich with this recipe from Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Whip up a Tres Leches Cake from Epcot.
- Make sweet Disney Park Churro Bites.
- Create Magical Mickey Mouse-shaped Beignets.
DRAW MICKEY MOUSE, ELSA & MORE
- Learn how to professionally sketch some of the most popular Disney characters.
- Draw Mickey Mouse with how-to tutorials on the Disney Parks YouTube channel.
- Create Disney characters with step-by-step instructions from Art for Kids Hub on YouTube, one of our favorite FREE online resources for kids.
CHARACTER STORY TIME
- Enjoy story time with characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel and more.
- After tucking everyone in, order up a special bedtime call from Mickey. Call 1-877-7-MICKEY for five special messages from Disney characters. Available through April 30th.
GET A DISNEY EDUCATION
- Learn how to design theme parks, engineer thrill rides and develop characters straight from Disney Imagineers in a free online program created in partnership with the Khan Academy and Pixar.
- Interact with droids in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, test your Disney trivia, download official Disney playlists and more with Play Disney Parks, a mobile app that offers unique experiences and activities that bring the theme park environments to life.
- Explore the science behind the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster.
More tools to experience Disney magic from home:
- Disney Parks Blog
- #DisneyMagicMoments website
- Disney Parks YouTube
- Play Disney Parks app
- Khan Academy: Imagineering in a Box