We live in the Sunshine State for good reason – to go outside more than in! Make a plan to explore Central Florida’s beautiful surroundings as a couple with outdoor date ideas in Orlando.
Sure, a romantic dinner at a fancy restaurant is memorable..but, you can get the equivalent (or more!) endorphins flowing by having fun together outside.
Schedule your next adventurous date with these 10 outdoor dates in Orlando from our friends at Orlando Date Night Guide.
You might also be interested in:
- Romantic dates under $30 in Orlando
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Orlando
- Best free & cheap things to do in Orlando
- Central Florida Springs near Orlando
ORLANDO OUTDOOR DATE IDEAS
While most outdoor movie nights are geared towards families, Leu Gardens’ periodic outdoor movie night is our top pick for date night. It’s also a great first-date idea.
Beloved rom-coms and cult classics draw crowds of picnickers with wine and full dinner spreads in tow (yes, it’s allowed!).
- Admission is $7 (free for members), and at the time of this writing, tickets must be purchased online in advance.
- Leu Gardens also offers free entry days throughout the year.
For more date ideas, check out free outdoor movies in Orlando.
Stroll the zoo — with no kids in sight — at Central Florida Zoo’s monthly adults-only event.
On the third Thursday of each month from May to October, the zoo turns 21+ for this seasonal after-hours event. Enjoy beer, wine, food for purchase, animal sightings, and live music. Stay until sunset for an extra romantic experience.
- Admission is $7.
- There’s also a family-friendly Sunset edition on the fourth Friday of each month.
Set upon 50 acres in Lake Wales, Bok Tower Gardens is one of Central Florida’s most magical places.
Winding pathways lead you towards the iconic 250-foot Singing Tower, which comes alive with the music of chiming carillon bells daily. Pack a picnic or grab something to go from the onsite Blue Palmetto Cafe to complete your date.
- Regular admission to Bok Tower Gardens is $15.
More Orlando dates night ideas: free museum days in Orlando.
Take a Hike
Pack water and snacks and head to a local nature park or Florida State Park to reconnect with our state’s natural side.
A few of our favorite spots for a low-key hike:
- Lake Louisa State Park in Clermont ($5 entry fee)
- Flat Island Preserve in Leesburg (FREE)
- Green Mountain Scenic Overlook and Trailhead in Minneola (FREE)
- Lake Lotus Park in Altamonte Springs (FREE).
Check out this list of the best places to go for a walk in Orlando.
Bike the West Orange Trail
This 22-mile paved rail-trail stretches from Winter Garden to Apopka, with plenty of fun stops in between.
- Park your car at Killarney Station and bike into downtown Winter Garden, stopping at the free Oakland Nature Preserve on the way.
- For a longer trek, start at Winter Garden Station and bike 8.7 miles (one way) to Chua Bao An Buddhist Temple for a peaceful pause amongst gorgeous gardens and statues.
- Bike rentals are available at both starting points if you don’t have two wheels of your own. The cost is typically around $8 – $10 per hour.
For more outdoor date ideas, check out Central Florida Springs near Orlando.
It doesn’t get more classic than this guided pontoon boat tour along the Winter Park Chain of Lakes.
Yes, your captain will tell cheesy jokes, but you’ll also learn a ton about the history of the local area while spotting famous homes and points of interest dotting the shoreline. The real magic, though, is getting to cruise through the Venetian-style canals, which make for beautiful photos.
- Tours are $16/person and depart hourly.
For more inexpensive dates ideas, here are romantic date night ideas under $30 in Orlando.
Pick your own Produce
In the winter and spring months, local farms open up to the public for u-pick produce including citrus, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, sunflowers, zinnias, and more.
Plus, farms like Southern Hill Farms in Clermont turn u-pick days into full-on festivals, with live music, play areas for the kids, and seasonal food and drinks. U-pick prices are also budget-friendly, typically $5 or less per pound.
U-pick options in Orlando:
Silver Moon Drive-In
4100 New Tampa Hwy., Lakeland
For a touch of nostalgia, visit the local drive-in movie theater. We love the Silver Moon Drive-In in Lakeland, which screens nightly double features of first-run movies for just $7/person. The onsite snack bar has equally budget-friendly prices on popcorn, hot dogs, beer, and more.
We’ve got no shortage of options when it comes to local farmers’ markets, but the Winter Garden Farmers Market is one of our personal favorites.
Organic locally-grown produce, fresh pasta, homemade baked goods, artisanal cheeses, jewelry, unique home goods, spices, fresh flowers, European bread, and local meat are just a few of the goodies you’ll find at this market every Saturday from 8am to 1pm.
Stroll downtown Winter Garden’s cute downtown after you shop, which is bursting with boutiques, local restaurants, and shops.
Pack a Picnic
It doesn’t cost a dime to load up a picnic basket with snacks and drinks from home and head to a scenic nearby park.
Pack a selection of cheese and charcuterie, sandwiches, drinks, and fruit for a spread that will travel well in a cooler. A few of our go-to parks for a picnic include Mead Botanical Garden, Kissimmee Lakefront Park, Lake Eola Park (of course!!), and Winter Park’s Central Park.
For loads more date night ideas in the City Beautiful, including cheap and free ideas, visit OrlandoDateNightGuide.com.
Stephanie Patterson is the editor of Orlando Date Night Guide. She’s a talented professional food and travel photographer and writer with a passion for creativity, the beach and great eats. When she’s not taking photos or writing, you can find her exploring the state for her Florida travel blog, Travel Taste Click.
What’s your favorite outdoor date near you? Let us know: email@example.com.
MORE THINGS TO DO IN ORLANDO:
- Cool and natural Florida Springs near Orlando
- Best free & cheap outdoor adventures in Orlando
- Florida Resident discounts at Walt Disney World Resort
- Outdoor movies in Orlando
- Universal Orlando Florida Resident discounts
For more Orlando discounts:
Stay connected with Orlando on the Cheap (for FREE)!
List your events & business with us (for FREE)!